AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys it's Bandit from the great state of Texas. This is my First Post on here. I have a pretty nice Media Room (17' X 20') that I built myself (Well, built screen, and painted walls, and installed in wall speakers, Ceiling Mounted projector, etc.) about 5 years ago. I currently have a 720P Mitsubishi HC1500 that has served me well and I'm on my 2nd Bulb now. I will try to post a few pics of my media Room later so you can check it out, nothing amazing, but its clean and neat and I have a 120" X 72" Screen and 7.1 In Wall Speakers.

About to upgrade projector soon and I am thinking of getting the Epson 5030UB, and was considering the Panasonic 8000U, but think the Epson is supposed to be brighter and better, at least maybe for me.

Additionally, 2 months ago I Bought the following HD TV Bundle from Costco to hang above my fireplace downstairs and am getting it installed next week:

"Samsung 65" Class 1080p 240Hz 3D Smart LED HDTV Bundle UN65F7050AF".

Features:

4 Pairs of Active 3D Glasses, Smart Touch Remote Control, Dual Core Processor, Motion Control Ready, S-Recommendation, Samsung Apps + Full Web Browser

OK, so NOW that I purchased my Samsung 3D TV for my Family Room, and will soon be buying an upgraded 1080P 3D Projector for my Media Room to replace my Mitsubishi HC1500, I need a receiver , right?

I usually research wayyyyyyyyyy to long and obsess with my decision. Downstairs in my Family Room I wasn't running any speakers or a receiver, BUT, the room is already wired for 5.1 and has the speaker wire ready to go behind plates on the wall, so I am going to go ahead and use these when I get me TV.

The Family Room I don't need anything that GREATas far as a receiver as I just need 5.1 sound. I PLANNED to spend much more on the Receiver that I plan to replace in my Media Room since I plan to get a 3d Projector very soon. my media Room is the Main Room I use for Movies and PS3 Video Games, etc.

OK, so I looked at Onkyo, Sony, etc etc. I ran across the Denon AVR-X2000 3D Receiver which looked pretty good. They have a 3000 and a 4000 versions that give slightly more Watts and a few more bells and whistles, but I really don't need it and it has the Apple Air Play.

I found a NEW "Open Box" from One Call last week for $399 Shipped and Bought it. I figured this is plenty good for my New soon to be Hung 3D Samsung TV and the eventual 5.1 speakers I add to it.

Then today I was considering spending 2 or 3X as much on a receiver to go in My Media Room like the Denon AVR-X4000(Currently Have an Onkyo NR 727 ), BUT, I found 1 more NEW "Open Box" Denon AVR-X2000 for $399 Shipped and Bought it. $798 total for TWO receivers sold me! If I wanted to spend more, I could, but didn't see the need to.

My Question to you guys, is for what I am DOING (3D soon to be purchased new Projector for Media Room & my New Samsung HD 3D TV) is this receiver going to work, and was it a SMART decision, taking into account the price, etc.?????

Please let me know. Also, if anyone has an opinion on Which 3D Projector to buy for my 20 x 17 Media Room? Again, was looking to get the Epson 5030UB!???

A Few Quick Specs:

•7.1 channel, 95 watts, 7 channel power (8 ohms, 20Hz - 20 kHz, THD 0.08%

•185 watts per channel maximum power (6 ohm, 1kHz, THD 10%, 1 channel driven)

•Networking with AirPlay, Pandora, & Spotify

•Dolby Pro Logic IIz, 4K Ultra HD scaling and pass through

•New setup assistant with enhanced GUI

Thanks Guys!

The Bandit.........................

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Why did you buy a 2nd X2000 when you were already using the 727 in your theater? Where's the 3rd AVR going to be used? Maybe I missed something.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kini,

Sorry my friend, I was guessing when I created post. My reciever from 2007 is a Onkyo TX-SR 705, not the 727. I am upgrading recivers because I got a 3D TV for my Living Room I'm installing next week, and I bought a 2nd one for the same reason, BUT, for my Media Room with ceiling Mounted Projector and 117" x 70" Screen because I ALSO will be upgrading current Mitsubishi HC1500 to a 3D Projector like the Epson 5030UB, or similar.

In my 20' X 17' Media Room, I have 7 Polk Audio RC 85i 8" in wall speakers running 7.1. I use the same RC 85i Speaker for ALL 7 locations, including the Center Channel!

I have since decided I am going to Change my Speakers in the Media Room, at least the front 3 Speakers (Center and L & R Fronts). ,I plan to add a Dedicated Center Channel on a stand below my projector screen in front of the in-wall speaker that is mounted below the screen. The TOWERS I will just Put in each Corner to the Left or Right of Each Plant I have (See Pics Below). I will just leave all 7 speakers in the wall, as they are already there and if I took them OUT, there would be a hole!

I'll just use that existing speaker wire from the front 3 speakers (or run another new one) for the 3 front speaker.

I figured the CENTER is the MOST IMPORTANT, so I'm adding a Good Dedicated Center Channel Speaker, INSTEAD of using my Polk RC 85i for my Center Channel Speaker. Then I am going to Add 2 I so I will have better speakers in the front. An in-wall looks really Clean and Neat, but can't offer the same sound as a speaker with 5 speakers in it, vs. 2 in my RC 85i. I plan to just leave the Rear and Side in-wall speakers, a total of 4 in the wall to handle the back and sides of my 7.1 surround sound.

Here is what Speakers I am looking to get for my Front Speakers (L & R), and for my Center Channel Speaker.

Front (L & R) Floorstanding / Tower Speakers: Infinity Three Way Primus 363 Towers

Center: Infinity Primus PC351 Center Channel SIZE]

And I need to also decide on a New SUB for the Media Room too and want to spend around $700 or less.

Now, On to my Living Room Set Up where I'll be adding my 65" Samsung 3D- HDTV April 10th:

I am looking to do the following:

Center Channel Speaker will be sitting on the Fireplace's Mantel Below the TV: Infinity Primus PC351Center Channel Speaker

Front 2 Wall Mounted (maybe) front Speakers: Infinity Primus P163 Bookshelf Speaker

Rear 2 Wall Mounted Speakers: Because of the way the house is, I am not sure I want HUGE ASS speakers like the Infinity P163 on the Back Wall? Still figuring that out? Might go with in wall to make it look neat.

Pictures of the Living Room:

Where I'll be Hanging the New Samsung 65". It will be ABOVE the Fireplace where the Mirror is NOW. I already have the room wired for 5.1. The WIRES are located behind several plates. For the FRONT L & R Speakers it is located in those Alcoves high up and one faces Right and the other one faces Left! SO, I could just put the P163 Speaker on the Alcove , but it would be High in the Air and the sound would shoot out straight over my head (assuming I sit in the center of the room). SO, I think I have to ad Speaker Mounts on each side of the room (Far Right and Far Left Wall), and then have the speakers angled toward the center of the couch and pointed down at me.

This is the only picture I had handy that I could post, but you can see the room. The Bundled Speaker Wires and Power are Located in the Bottom Cabinet, on the Far Right below where the Vizio 42" TV is currently located.

Pictures of My Media Room (Approx 20' X 17'):

Any Suggestions for Either Room? Are those Front Speakers in the LIVING ROOM, that I am thinking to mount on the Wall, are those going to be HUGE??? And look funny? They are up High, but still?

Thanks Guys!

The Bandit.....................

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Guys, It's mu wife's Birthday. We have a 4 year old so don't get out much! It's 12:08 am, and I am trying to figure this **** out. I am listening to your comments, and RESPECT them. Is the ORB going to totally Suck?? Again, I have a decent Media Room with a Big Ass Screen that I am about to upgrade (Currently have Polk RC 85i speakers for all SEBEN speakers, including the center. Going to UPGRADE the front 3 speakers, 2 Towers, Bad ass Center, and a New Sub, and a 1080P Epson 5030 UB 3D Projector.

In THIS ROOM, I had a weak ass 42" TV for the last 5 years because I'm poor, even though I look Rich LOL

I had a 42" TV in the Right Corner. Now I got the Samsung 7050 3D rom Costco, and I assumed that with 12 speakers 8 Surround, 4 Center Channel, and a Sub (so 3 really), it would be Bad Ass, and much better than what I had!?????????????

I'm open for suggestions and I can put Book Shelves in those Alcoves, the the R & L, and put a nice Center on the Mantle. Then add a few rear speakers for REAR Sound.

I am going to be Happy with the ORBS (13 speakers) including Sub? Or, are you guys saying to get something Bigger???? If the Orbs sound GOOD, not AMAZING, I THINK I'd be happy? Again I am going from a Vizio 42" TV and NO speakers, to 12 surround sound speakers and a SUB, and, SINCE I ALREADY have those Junction Boxes with speaker wires behind them, the ORB Mounts would be such a seamless install. Can the ORBS really sound like ****?

If so, I am listening as I was about to Pull the Trigger Monday the 7th, it's 12:18 AM the 6th now. I just want to make the right decision. The wife likes the Orbs, the way they look! Clean, Neat, and Functional.

Help Guys, I need some good advice. Again, I have a pretty kick ass (size wise and looks wise, not equipment side) Room I did in 2007, NOW, that I plan to Upgrade this year with a nice Sub (Rhythmic, SVS, HSU) a Center Channel on a stand below my 10' X 6' Screen, and 2 Towers. I plan to leave the remaining 4 Poly In Wall RC 85i's in there to handle the back 7.1 sides and rear speakers. the FRONT 3 speakers in the wall will NOT BE ACTIVE and just for looks and I will use those wires for the 3 new speakers (Center & Towers for the front).

Here is my Media Room, I built the Screen from Scratch. Once I upgrade the Projector, 3 fronts, and sub, it will Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Living Room was nothing but a 42" TV in the Right Corner Built In Cabinet. Thursday April 10th I am getting my 7050 3D 1080p HDMI TV from Costco Hung above the Fire Place and going to ADD my newly purchased DENON AVR-X2000 Receiver (got for $399 Open Box, BUT, ran out of Open Box, so they sent me a NEW ONE!!!) Actually bought 2 of these for $399 each and got Lucky and got BOTH Open Box Receivers, BRAND NEW due to a misprint and they ran out of stock for the Open Box Receivers on E-bay and Amazon where I bought each one.

OK, what the hell should I do, get the ORBS (12 speakers 4 center and 8 surround balls and either their UBER 10 SUB instead of their 8' Sub, or I might upgrade the SUB to a good HSU/Rhythmik/SVR) to go with the 12 ORB Speakers. Again I KNOW if I get Book Shelve Speakers, they will sound better, BUT, the ORBS will fit over my Existing speaker Plates already in my Wall. Just take off the existing 4 plates that have my speaker wires underneath them, add the ORB Mounting Junction Box Speaker Mounts, the 4 Quad Pods under the TV on the Mantle, and a Bad Ass Sub ( HSU/Rhythmik/SVR), and call it a day!

Thanks for all your help! I am a Banker, but I play a mean Guitar, so I am kind of cool and appreciate all you guys advice. I am not as smart as you on this stuff! So, please help me out! if you do, I can help you play the guitar!

I like ALL music (70's-2014), but here is a little 80's Shred White Lion Guitar Solo! Again I am a Banker, so cut a Brother some slack!

Thank You all In Advance for all your comments!

The Bandit.....................

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keeping 1 of the X2000's for Living Room! However, since I went absolutely CRAZY and ordered 2 Rythmik FV15-HP Subs, I need to have the Audigy X32 and the Sub EQ that the 4000 has, the tech guy at Rythmik TOLD ME it was worth every penny to upgrade.

So, just an update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.