AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of research I decided on the Sony KDF-55WF655. I pulled the trigger. Went with an online retailer. After a month of waiting I'm told that this unit is discontinued. Replaced by the A20. Research on this forum indicated the A20 was not as desireable as the 655. Back to ground zero.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just got this exact same model about 3 weeks ago from abe's of maine. I notice they don't have it listed anymore but there are quite a few other online retailers that have it in stock. It's been discontinued but I'm sure you'll be still be able to find them for a while.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
vanns.com has some pretty good discounts on the models you're seeking.

though everything i read about the A10/A20 line is that they are even better - better blacks, etc.

and didn't you not really "pull the trigger" at all? :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mweflen-

I "pulled the trigger" a month ago. Somehow my TV got lost in shipping and the retailer has no more and can't get any more. They refunded my money. A misfire?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Randy:

Curious...who gave the A20 bad reviews? I've had mine for almost 3 weeks and love it. My first RPTV and it's been great. It's also at a great price right now at Fry's (that you can use for a PM elsewhere if you want). If I can help at all post here or PM me and I'll give any info I can. Also, if anyone's interested in pics let me know and I can take some tonight.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From what I geaned reading these threads, the A20 has a marginally better picture and lacks the PIP compared to the 655.

·
Registered
69 Posts
They don't have PIP and while I can't attest to this (still haven't done this) people said in another thread if you have cable or satellite box with dual-tuner you can get PIP through the cable box.

At the price I paid for my 55" A20 I'm glad I stuck with it vs. getting the older model...it's a great TV.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If your viewing is further than 10ft away consider the KDF60WF655. I'm loving mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.