1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Got a picture?

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I can't remember if the 2020 is the one, but one of th Pulsars were actually a Zenith based chassis in a much smaller fan cooled case. Others were Pulsar built, and there's very little available for them. I stripped one down about 4 years ago, but ended up junking the parts when I never saw another one.

THe Zenith based one is fine, I've got one here in a sports bar that they've run the heck out of, and other than weak tubes now, it's still running strong.

Video only though...:-(

Curt

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would only be used for video. Curt- What kind of resolution is it capable of putting out? I thought CRT's were fine for just about any kind of input.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
I think this one is the Pulsar built unit. Pop open the cover and see what kind of tubes it uses. I'll bet this one has so little light output that you won't see a lot of wear on the tubes...

Curt

·
Registered
609 Posts
By video-only we mean NTSC video only, or a maximum horizontal scan rate of 15 kHz - that translates to interlaced NTSC TV - a maximum resolution of 480i. The shortcoming of this type of CRT projector is that it is not capable of displaying a progressive-scan image, and will have very visible scan lines when the image is blown up to typical front-projector sizes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't realize that, so obviously there would be no real advantage to get this projector. I mean if it is going to have inferior video quality, even if it was in perfect running order, I would be better off just looking elsewhere right?

Is there anyplace that has like a spec sheet for me to read up on the different types of CRT projector's out there? I thought that CRT's were equal in resolution, I was wrong :confused: Oh well, thought I had a good deal for a second.

*edit*

What about an ECP 4500? Is it worth getting one for less than $100, even if it currently isn't projecting an image? What if I could get a 4100 with it?

I know I am asking a lot of question's, but I don't know anywhere else to ask.

*edit*

I am learning, yeah!

So if the horizontal sweep is 35kHz or more than I can output 720p, if it is 48kHz or more I can output ALL the HDTV signal's?

So the 4500/4100 at 90kHz and 80kHz are good, right?

And the 4500/4100 both use 7"CRT's so does that make them interchangeable?

·
Registered
609 Posts
The ECP's are great and if you can get two even for parts for under $100 you are starting out in good shape. There is a great depth of ECP knowledge on this board to help you get them running if it's possible.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah after bugging you guys I decided to see what I could find on my own, I stumbled across crtcinema, the specs page they have are great.

From the looks of it the Electrohome are the best $-performance brand. I think I'm out of luck though on the 4500/4100 I may still get the 4100 but it is definately in need of repair, but the tubes are supposed to be good.

Hopefully I will have something develop in the near future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.