AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once in a while, I notice what looks like a pulse or flicker on bright parts of the screen. It's not consistent, but comes and goes intermittently. Has anyone seen anything like this? I'm wondering what may be some solutions.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I saw it also. I have noticed it only connecting a PC to the PJ. When you switch the unit off and after a while on, it stops. I heard something of cot connecting the ground. I did this but I still have the problem.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I have seen it on my LS-110 as well. However so far only when I feed the PJ with a HTPC signal (AIW7500 with latest driver and XP Pro) via 3m DVI-D from CableWholesale.com.

I did not notice it (yet?) when using a "normal" composite video signal. What is the set up on yours? Maybe we can narrow the problem down. Maybe it is not the PJ....

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got the problem over VGA input in 480 p or 800x600 dot. it occured after 1 hour of use. When I switched the PJ off it needed more or less 10 minutes to appear again...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've seen this too on mine. It seems to happen more when watching satellite (s-video or composite input). I rarely see this with DVDs.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm using the projector right now with the component and S-video in. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with inputs because I can see the flickering when going through the different video sources. Again, i've only seen it occasionally, and so far I'm not able to pinpoint when or why it happens.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was ready to send the projector in but then it stopped! I've watched several movies now and the picture is fine. The pulsing stopped at around 200 hours of bulb time. The strangest part was the fact that the pulsing was either on the left hand side of the screen or the right, and it would stay like that for several minutes. Anyone know what this could have been????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.