AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your thoughts on purchasing a refurbished/recertified Denon receiver from ecost.com? I usually do not buy anything refurbished, but they have some killer deals.

Their Denon receivers come with a 90 day warranty.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Dakmarts problem is that they charge almost as much for their refurbs as some authorized dealer for new. Their prices are laughable.

·
Banned
7,723 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem with getting a refurb. But there will be a guy coming on here name of googlegod and he will tell you every horror story he can think up to sway you. Don't mind his nonsense. Refurbs can be a very good deal.

Short and sweet, I bought my Denon 789 from Circuit City the day they closed. The reason they still had it was because it was broken and I got a killer deal. I in turn sent it in to Denon service, had it repaired, and have been completely satisfied ever since. Basicly, it is a 'refurbished' unit now. The 789 will be 1 year old here this month. So as you can tell, there is nothing wrong with refurb'd equipment.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Refurbs are fine, ecost on the other hand, not so good .

I buy a lot of refurb gear, including PCs. So far, my experience has been every bit as good as my experience buying new, just for less money

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, I ended up getting a GREAT deal on a new Denon AVR-3310 from an authorized dealer. You would be surprised how much a 5 minute chat session with a sales rep can save you

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade Lately? /forum/post/18244051

Thanks guys, I ended up getting a GREAT deal on a new Denon AVR-3310 from an authorized dealer. You would be surprised how much a 5 minute chat session with a sales rep can save you

Can you PM me with the price you paid and from whom?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts