AVS Forum banner

Will you purchase theatrical versions of LOTR

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The word is that first LOTR releases will be theatrical versions on BD and HD DVD? Will you buy these discs? You can select more than one option. Hopefully someone from New Line will take the result of this poll into consideration when they make their final decision.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison /forum/post/0

Hold on.

LotR is coming on Total HD so it may be an impossibility to purchase just a HD DVD or Blu-ray version.

Has this been confirmed? This means another dang flipper format. I hate flippers.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'll buy both, but hopefully they'll have both on the same release via seamless branching. And on the TotalHD side of things; I will not buy it if it's a damn flipper disc.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xradman /forum/post/0

Has this been confirmed? This means another dang flipper format. I hate flippers.

You do realize any disc with HD DVD/BD on it together will cost as much or more as a separate version??

There is no way Sony or Toshiba would allow any undercuuting of prices...A TotalHD disc would be just another choice it would not mean a lower price.....

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nataraj /forum/post/0

Where is the option for "Not going to buy LOTR" ?

It is a little red X at the top right of your browser...

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Someone know someone at New Line who can see this poll? Please?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

Quote:
LotR is coming on Total HD so it may be an impossibility to purchase just a HD DVD or Blu-ray version.

So far no titles have been announced on Total HD, let alone the LOTR trilogy.

I am not entirely convinced that Warner or any other studio will publish those things after seeing the general feedback from both BD and HD buyers.

As for LOTR trilogy, I would try to get both versions.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Extended editions of movies that were already an hour too long? No thanks, I'll pass. Put me down in a new category - best transfer @ the cheapest price whether that's BD or HD-DVD.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.