AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you purchase a used HDTV DirecTV STB do you need a new access card? There are numerous used STBs for sale on the net but how does the access card work. Even when the seller includes the access card, isn't the card programmed to the seller and the buyer would need to acquire a new access card? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your replies!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Here's the info from DirecTV's site:

"The new owner should call 1-800-DIRECTV to order a new access card. We charge the new owner $39 for the new access card, but we issue a $29 credit if the new owner returns the old access card and the card is in good condition. So, after the credit, the new owner has only paid $10 for the new card. We send the new card via Federal Express, along with a postage-paid envelope to make returning the old card easy."

·
Registered
239 Posts
Jeff,

DirecTV recently changed it's policy on replacement cards. They now cost $20 and they just charge you $20 with no refund when you return the card. I just did this last week. Once you get the receiver installed, call them with the old card # and STB serial #, and they will send the new card FedEx overnight. I ordered mine on a Sunday, and got the card on Tuesday. Was very easy. Good luck.

------------------

Casey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.