AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... and i'm having some problems. 2 things.

I have a kef powered subwoofer connected to the receiver, but nothing comes out of the sub. I know it works and i have it set to enabled in the setup menu even though the audio tuning wizard didn't detect it. I have tried playing with the x-over freqs, levels...etc. Anyone have any thoughts here? Where should the subwoofer be plugged ino? I have it plugged into the purple port marked as subwoofer.

The second issue is with my PS3. I have the receiver plugged in via hdmi to my tv and my ps3 to the receiver via hdmi as well. I have the PS3 mapped to the correct input in the setup menu but it just shows a black screen with no sound. Not sure what is going on here. It works fine connecting PS3 to TV directly via hdmi and my other inputs (XBOX 360, DVD player .. etc) are working fine.

If anyone has any thoughts they would be greatly appreciated as this is my first receiver I have ever bought and am not so great at this stuff.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Higg /forum/post/12872222

... and i'm having some problems. 2 things.

I have a kef powered subwoofer connected to the receiver, but nothing comes out of the sub. I know it works and i have it set to enabled in the setup menu even though the audio tuning wizard didn't detect it. I have tried playing with the x-over freqs, levels...etc. Anyone have any thoughts here? Where should the subwoofer be plugged ino? I have it plugged into the purple port marked as subwoofer.

The second issue is with my PS3. I have the receiver plugged in via hdmi to my tv and my ps3 to the receiver via hdmi as well. I have the PS3 mapped to the correct input in the setup menu but it just shows a black screen with no sound. Not sure what is going on here. It works fine connecting PS3 to TV directly via hdmi and my other inputs (XBOX 360, DVD player .. etc) are working fine.

If anyone has any thoughts they would be greatly appreciated as this is my first receiver I have ever bought and am not so great at this stuff.

My Guess is you have it connected to the multi channel in instead of the Pre-out section. The two sections are right next to each other on the back of the AVR. Use the section closest to the far right (when looking at the back).

As for the second issue, do you have the Onkyo's HDMI input mapped to your PS3?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem. PS3>Onkyo 805>Toshiba52HM84 all via HDMI = no picture, no sound. PSR>TV via HDMI = great picture Optical cable PS3>Onkyo 805 = momentary recognition of Dolby or PS II movie format then quick switch to "All Ch Stereo". Other HDMI inputs to TV work fine but no digital sound output from the TV means a marginal listening experience. Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts