AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just wanted to say thanks for all of the solid and in-depth advice around here
. I was planning to purchase an AVR or HTiB package for this Christmas and really felt like a total n00b a couple weeks ago.

After some reading I ordered this today:

www[dot]amazon[dot]com/Denon-DHT-590BA-Channel-Receiver-Acoustics/dp/B002GE5A3K/

[Sorry for the gimped URL, don't have 3 posts here yet so can't use URLs...]

Denon AVR-590 receiver with the Boston Acoustics 5.1 speaker set. Was thinking of going for 7.1, but found this package for $430 new and couldn't pass it up.

I'd looked at the AVR-591, AVR-1611, and AVR-791 based on the advice here. I avoided some of the Onkyo setups that I think I'd have been disappointed with based on the posts here too.

So... 3-4 years down the road if I spring for a 3D TV I'll need to switch to an HDMI 1.4 capable receiver but will probably want something beefier with better speakers anyway.

Glad I found this great site, I'll come here first whenever I'm looking to upgrade!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the receiver and speaker package today, and the Amazon seller Electronics Expo sent the Denon 591BA package instead of the 590.

Not sure if they had it listed wrong on Amazon @ $430 or not, but they've since increased the price to $480 (currently) so maybe they realized their mistake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts