AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally did it. Jumped in feet first and bought a 50H81 from Sears, price matched with Continental Trading's $2095. Add in tax and delivery charges and the total came to $2239.75. I decided to forego the extended warranty for now.

Anyways, Sears has finally decided to clamp down on the price matching policy. They now have a list of established online retailers that they will price match. This list is on Sears.com--I'm not sure exactly where it is, but my sales guy pulled it up. Needless to say, most of this list is essentially useless. Off the top of my head, they included Best Buy, Circuit City, 800.com, Walmart.com, and the like. Fortunately, I was able to get the price match on Continental Trade's price. I tried to get them to match the price I found at Shop Sunshine ($1948.55) but they called them and got the $175 shipping quote. The fact that they now have a published list of online competitors for price matching means that any present or future attempts to match online prices will be decided by the discretion of Sears managers. I think this is the beginning of the end, folks.

For those of you in the Boston area who are interested in the 50H81, get thee to Sears at the Cambridgeside Galleria. Ask for Jonathan (young kid who was very polite, helpful and knew all about the price matching policies) and he'll help you out. My TV will arrive 1 week from today--AGONY.

I will post initial impressions once the set is delivered next Tuesday.

Counting the hours in Boston,

Eujin

------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes, I think the days of Sears price matching anyone is coming to a close but I still think it depends on what store you go to, when you go and which salesperson you talk to. I visited at least 4 stores until I finally talked to a salesman who would pricematch the cheapo price I found on the internet. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think doing the rounds of the Sears store in your local area is the last sliver of hope for us price-matchers. The only problem is, I foresee this going away too. With the introduction of this list of online competitors, these Sears guys will be able to deny price matching with any non-authorized e-tailers, so we'll be at their mercy. Maybe if you can find a Sears that isn't doing that much business and is desperate for a sale, they'll take the price match and run http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is the link to Sears pricing page
www.sears.com/sr/framework/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_Engin eID=ghadccdikhidfbggcmgclchl.0&targetPage=%2fmisc%2fsears%2f custserv%2fcustserv_p ricing_policy.jsp&vertical=SEARS

And here is the current list of the companies that they will match.

Established Online Retailers

Amazon.com

BestBuy.com

Bluelight.com

Crutchfield.com

CircuitCity.com

Homedepot.com

Lowes.com Ourhouse.com

JCPenney.com

Radioshack.com

Target.com

ToysRUs.com

Walmart.com

800.com

[This message has been edited by Neuroxic (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Could you repost the link to the sears pricing policy page? The link you posted doesn't seem to work. I've tried to do a manual search on Sears site, and can't find this info?

thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks for the link.

Is it just me, or is the wording a little vague? Given this sentance:

"If you find a lower price (including shipping, handling and delivery) on an identical branded item currently available for sale and delivery in your area from an established online retailer, Sears will match that total price at the time of, or within 30 days after, your purchase."

I would think it was any on-line retailier. Then, down the

bottom they say 'established online retailers' and provide the list.

I'm sure it's prob. legit, but it certainly is not 100% clear.

thanks for the link. I've bookmarked it.

[This message has been edited by cab (edited 10-01-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.