AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have spent hrs reading this forum and found alot of helpful info. just wonderng if anyone can answer a few question if you don't mind. i am looking at getting this Pioneer PDP 5071HD. best buy has it online. i will be putting this in a gaming room with a pool table and 360. i sometime on the weekend play gow(Gears of War) from anywhere from 5-9 hrs at a shot. the main thing i am worried about is getting the burn-in. i went to tweeters store by me and they said to stay away from plasma if gaming. but when i read on here i see a lot of people saying they have no issues. i want to spend the money on this but don't want to be pissed if i ruin it. i will mostly be watching sports on this tv as well. is this tv ok for hdtv gaming... ie the 360? do i have to worry about getting burn-in? and lastly the people at best buy said i don't have to worry about burn-in cause if an image gets on the screen, all i have to do is let the tv run with a constant motion for a few hrs after and it and it will go away? is there any truth to this. if you could please look at this and help me out i would be very happy.

anyone that purchasd this tv or know's anyone that has could you please leave me some helpful info. the sale at best buy ends today so i will be placing the order online tonight. please help

thanks

· Registered
320 Posts
I have a 5070 (same TV as the 5071, but without the extra, crappy remote) and I play 3 hour marathon sessions of Madden with no burn in or image retention. However, each plasma panel is unique so just because I'm not getting any image retention doesn't mean it can't happen.

· Registered
280 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilSnooop4 /forum/post/0

hi, i have spent hrs reading this forum and found alot of helpful info. just wonderng if anyone can answer a few question if you don't mind. i am looking at getting this Pioneer PDP 5071HD. best buy has it online. i will be putting this in a gaming room with a pool table and 360. i sometime on the weekend play gow(Gears of War) from anywhere from 5-9 hrs at a shot. the main thing i am worried about is getting the burn-in. i went to tweeters store by me and they said to stay away from plasma if gaming. but when i read on here i see a lot of people saying they have no issues. i want to spend the money on this but don't want to be pissed if i ruin it. i will mostly be watching sports on this tv as well. is this tv ok for hdtv gaming... ie the 360? do i have to worry about getting burn-in? and lastly the people at best buy said i don't have to worry about burn-in cause if an image gets on the screen, all i have to do is let the tv run with a constant motion for a few hrs after and it and it will go away? is there any truth to this. if you could please look at this and help me out i would be very happy.

anyone that purchasd this tv or know's anyone that has could you please leave me some helpful info. the sale at best buy ends today so i will be placing the order online tonight. please help

thanks

As you have already experienced, it's hard to get a black and white answer to your question.

Will you get a burn-in if you game 9 hours straight, day in and day out? You may.

Or, you may just get an IR (image retention) which is not permanent and eventually goes away.

Todays plasmas are much better at resisting burn-in than they used to be, but it still can happen. So I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer to this (just their own experience), and only time will tell in your situation.

· Registered
1,857 Posts
You should check with the forum sponsors located at the top of the forum. They are respected for service and low pricing!

Plasma is well thought of here for the best in gaming. Don't worry about IR, it will go away with watching other content. The Pio by the way is one of the best sets for resisting IR.

· Registered
1,857 Posts
LilSnooop4 -

Let me first say welcome to AVS forum. Secondly there is a major thread discussing the 5070/1. It will take a long time to read it all, but there is a ton of good info there. You can search that thread too for information (click on the link in my signature if you need help with searching). If needed, please post your questions regarding the 5070/1 here: Official Pioneer PDP-6070HD/5070-1HD/4270HD Owner's thread/merged thread

LOL dtrell, I hear ya.

· Banned
837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benniator /forum/post/0

I have a 5070 (same TV as the 5071, but without the extra, crappy remote) and I play 3 hour marathon sessions of Madden with no burn in or image retention. However, each plasma panel is unique so just because I'm not getting any image retention doesn't mean it can't happen.

Burn-in can also be hidden. Alot of gamers jack their contrast levels up too high, this itself can hide phospher burn-in.

Make sure your gaming plasma has good quality features like pixel shift, scrolling/color pattern screen etc. that will maintain your plasma and remove the potential for burn-in.

The 5070/71 is a good gaming Plasma. It is good for resisting burn in because its doesn't output as much light as other plasma screens. I can get good calibrated results through the VGA input. But you may also want to look at the Samsung 54/64 series plasma screens as well. They are one of the best plasma monitors for keeping motion crisp and the have ALOT more picture fine tuning controls as well. Excellent burn-in prevention features and great light output(very high contrast ratio). GOW on a 50" Samsung can't be beat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.