AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally narrowed my selection down to 3 products.

1) Dali euphonia MS4

2) focal 1027BE

3) Revel Performa F52

Unfortunately, I have not been able to hear them side by side and of course they were driven by different gear. I listen to mostly Jazz. I have a dedicated HT room with an Anthem Statement D2 and a B&K 200.7 amp and a JL Audio Fathom 113 sub. Room is 15x19.

I played the same 7 songs which included Diana Krall, Ray Charles, Al Jarreau, Michael McDonald.

My observations were they were all sounded great the Dalis seemed the most articulate but were also driven by a Theta Dreadnaught. The Focals were kinda just OK, not very moving(these were at Tweeter with a Denon receiver). The F52s were driven by Classe and sounded about the same as the Focals.

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
303 Posts
All three brands are highly regarded around here at avs. I wish I could tell you that I've heard all 3 but I've only heard focal and I'm not even sure if it's the same model.

If you do a search you can read peoples impressions of them.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerlk /forum/post/0

I have finally narrowed my selection down to 3 products.

1) Dali euphonia MS4

2) focal 1027BE

3) Revel Performa F52

Unfortunately, I have not been able to hear them side by side and of course they were driven by different gear. I listen to mostly Jazz. I have a dedicated HT room with an Anthem Statement D2 and a B&K 200.7 amp and a JL Audio Fathom 113 sub. Room is 15x19.

I played the same 7 songs which included Diana Krall, Ray Charles, Al Jarreau, Michael McDonald.

My observations were they were all sounded great the Dalis seemed the most articulate but were also driven by a Theta Dreadnaught. The Focals were kinda just OK, not very moving(these were at Tweeter with a Denon receiver). The F52s were driven by Classe and sounded about the same as the Focals.

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

Pretend for a second that you hadnt listened to the Focal 1027Be yet. Tweeter is the LAST place on the planet that you want to audition a speaker of that caliber. Also Denon receivers will not power the 1027's properly. Go to www.audioplusservices.com to get a list of local "specialty" retailers.

Consider check out a pair of the Dynaudio Contour 5.4's. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Man.... it's hard to go wrong with ANY of the brands that you mentioned. And I agree with AA.... you want to audition those Focals and Revels on something more than a Denon receiver. Nothing against Denon.... but with speakers of that caliber, there is no substitute for lots of good clean power and a nice dedicated pre amp/processor.

Good luck.... and be sure to invite us over for a listen when you complete it. With the gear you already have.... it should be simply AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerlk /forum/post/0

I have a dedicated HT room with an Anthem Statement D2 and a B&K 200.7 amp

All are highly regarded and I don't think you could go wrong with any of them.

I've only heard the Revels and can't imagine anyone being disappointed in them, but I'm biased...I'm a pretty big Revel fan in general.

One thing I'll say about the Revels is that they are brutally "honest" speakers...meaning they are about as uncolored and accurate as I've heard. The cleaner the source, the cleaner the sound...

Given the 7 channel amp, does that mean that you'll be filling in a center speaker at some point, or just keeping it as a stereo setup?

Scott

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Revel F50's for mains, C50 for the center, B15 sub and the S30's for the rear speakers and I just love them! They are very accurate and revealing. I am thinking about upgrading to the F52's and 2 B15's or the Salon 2's and one B15. I think you will be very happy with the F52's.

Cheers,

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
I will put a plug in for the 1027's. I have had them for a while now and they are simply fantastic. It is because of them that I am going to get a dedicated preamp for 2ch listening. I really don't think you will regret that choice. With that equipment is should be quite nice. I could go on about Focal but I will stop here.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have heard the Helicons and Diva Utopia Beryllium. Both fantastic speakers but the focals were a little bass anemic. The sound between them was quiet different so an audition is in order. Never heard the Revels so no idea.

HTH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.