AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm basically looking for a device that I can connect a 5.1 setup too. However, I do not need it to do video. I just want something that can do 5.1 audio with multiple sources of audio input such as headphone, coax, digital, etc.

Does such a product exist?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Even though this should have been posted in the receiver forum, I guess I'll go ahead and ask.... Why not just use a regular 5/7.1 receiver and just not use the video section? Any time you get into multi channel with a sub out, a "receiver" will have video as well because that's what 99.9999% of the market would use it for I would think.

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
EMM / Meitner makes a 6ch 'switchman' and 'DAC6se' product that will do what you want (you'll need both units). They are not cheap. As John mentions, a standard receiver (with multiple multi-channel inputs) will work. If you want to remove the video side then you start to get into high end and/or pro equipment.

·
Registered
30,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by comradec /forum/post/15467489

Hi all,

I'm basically looking for a device that I can connect a 5.1 setup too. However, I do not need it to do video. I just want something that can do 5.1 audio with multiple sources of audio input such as headphone, coax, digital, etc.

Does such a product exist?

Thanks.

The original Cary Cinema 11.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts