AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,Any help would be much appreciated - Thank you for your time in advance!

I was given this projector from a friend Panasonic pt ae4000e. But it has a slight problem. The bulb and projector function correctly but during operation purple blobs appear, when focused all the way they are small specs, which reassembles dust on the lens.

I opened the projector following the guide found on hometheatershack on the pt ae4000u projector; to try and clean the dust if it was.

However to no avail as the purple dots are still there after using compressed air to try and clean the LCD panels. I have not taken off the chip board as I don't want to risk ripping a cable. From anyones experience what fault is this likely to be? I have attached four photos, some in normal focus, where they look like purple blobs, and some in focus of the purple dots - which dont really look like dead pixels - but what do I know! thats why im here!

Thank you kindly for anyone who responds - thanks for your time!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks very much for the suggestions - Do you think its worth me opening up the LCD and polarizer compartment to find out?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Thanks very much for the suggestions - Do you think its worth me opening up the LCD and polarizer compartment to find out?
I would. I mean you are probably not going to have it repaired, typically that is not cost effective if parts are even available. So for no other reason than to see what it looks like, I would go for it. Realize you will probably not be fixing anything and you may be better off buying the new projector before you start. You could end up with no picture at all by the time you are done.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I managed to get into it:

removed the chipboard

removed the lcd panels - cleaned them with cotton bud and lens cleaner, worked well - sharper image

removed mirror things? and convex mirrors and every single mirror thing in the machine, gave those all a clean - great

accidently knocked a panel out of alignment (now big purple streak on projected image) realigned by trial and error (god that took forever) now just a purple dark tone on top (still not perfect but F* IT)

took it apart about 5 times - still the same specs on screen - which means - The only panel i couldnt reach was the panel where all 3 LCDs converge into a box, which is where those specs are coming from( as I couldnt find the screws to lift out that bit of the projector lens and the box ! GREAT...)

Thanks for your reply posts though!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts