AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of looking at ill colored strawberries and tomatos, I finally accessed the service menu last night to see what could be done. After some trial and error, I found that increasing the red +8 while decreasing the green and blue -8 at all white balance levels as well as at the sub contrast and sub bright levels made a world of difference in relieving the blue push. Previously all of these settings were at 0. Tomatos picked up the more familiar orange/red (as opposed to blue-red) and reds in general became more natural. The sky lost a little blue (went toward grey), but it is obvious that with a little work, the colors could be brought into better alignment with the real world than as delivered. (I never felt that I had a problem with purple blacks and can't really tell if this changed.)

On the down side, when reviewing the grey levels, I did find two green sparklies. :( These are not visible at or above 75% brighness and most notable at the 29% level. Possibly lazy pixels? (See my other post.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.