AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a newbie, and need your help. I have a Yamaha rx-v671 with Infinity Primus HCS speakers pack. My doubt is that I want to use two yamaha speaker from "Presence Speaker", but they are 6 ohms impedance.

Is it dangerous to connect them to the rx-v671, if infinity speakers are 8 ohms???

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by javibmw /forum/post/20770154

Hello, I am a newbie, and need your help. I have a Yamaha rx-v671 with Infinity Primus HCS speakers pack. My doubt is that I want to use two yamaha speaker from "Presence Speaker", but they are 6 ohms impedance.

Is it dangerous to connect them to the rx-v671, if infinity speakers are 8 ohms???

Thanks in advance.

NO, with just these two drivers connected, your AVR will do just fine. With a Yamaha AVR...and with only a 6 Ohm load, you will be fine. Even as low as 4 Ohms would probably still be OK, too. Just don't connect two sets of 4 Ohms speakers and crank it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, you mean that there is definitely no problem using 8ohm with rx-v671, defining in the AVR that is working with 8ohm speaker, and connecting two 6ohm speaker in the "presence connectors" ( they go near front speakers).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.