Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Intel DG45ID

Intel E8400

4gb Crucial Ballistix

550w Antec neo power

Lite-on BD drive

Samsung 500gb HD

Logitech dinovo mini

Put HTPC to sleep but then it turns itself back on shortly after. Sometimes after about 30 seconds, sometimes about a minute or two later. Any ideas? Found a couple threads similar to this but neither of them had solved the problem.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had a wireless Gyration mouse that kept triggering ours...also I had a XBOX 360 adapter for the PC that would boot the computer everytime I turned on the Xbox with the remote.... my suggestion is go into USB device properties in Device manager and look at the power settings under each device and turn them off one by one till you find the culprit...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive determined that it is being woken by network traffic. I unplugged the network cable and put it to sleep and it didnt come back on until I told it to. Going to turn that off now and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now Im not so sure its the network. I turned off wake on LAN and now it only stays on sleep sometimes. Ill put it to sleep and sometimes it will stay and sometimes it will come back on within a few seconds to about a minute.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Did you turn off Wake-On-LAN in both the BIOS and in Windows? You'll want to do both to make sure it's off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.