AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbladez  /t/1471540/putting-an-amplifier-on-top-of-my-a-v-receiver-ideas#post_23284338

it's a light amplifier only 10 lbs - Crown XLS1500

I have a Crown XLS1000. These amps have front to back cooling whereas your receiver most likely has top and side venting. If possible, it may be best to put the receiver on top of the Crown.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Quote:
Louquid - it may be best to put the receiver on top of the Crown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterlord  /t/1471540/putting-an-amplifier-on-top-of-my-a-v-receiver-ideas#post_23302217

Maybe look into a laptop cooler? Would just need one thats flat not permanently tilted. Even a single quiet fan would do a lot to help heat.

+1 on both of those. Try to get a cooler that has some metal on it. I believe Thermaltake makes one, it will help pull the heat out. If the Crown amp is on top you could try placing the laptop cooler upside down on top of the AVR.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louquid  /t/1471540/putting-an-amplifier-on-top-of-my-a-v-receiver-ideas#post_23284360

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznbladez  /t/1471540/putting-an-amplifier-on-top-of-my-a-v-receiver-ideas#post_23284338

it's a light amplifier only 10 lbs - Crown XLS1500

I have a Crown XLS1000. These amps have front to back cooling whereas your receiver most likely has top and side venting. If possible, it may be best to put the receiver on top of the Crown.

No problem stacking theCrown amp and the AVR. No significant heat is radiated from the sides, top or bottom of the amp. If the AVR needs to have a larger air space above or below than is provided by its feet, add some wooden spacers, perhaps cut from a piece of 1 x 3 pine. No problem putting the larger item on the bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts