Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this email...
Quote:
The rumors are starting to circulate. I have been told the TU-9000's should ship soon. "Should be available any day!" (JVC Rep quoted 04/16/2003)

I have been kinda' looking for the 921 around June. I have, probably, already told you that. It may be true, it may not. Regardless, this is a good sign. Rumors flew before the 721 release and were almost right on target. I don't have confirmation on pricing for either but I'm comfortable with the $1,300.00 on the 921!

I am ready to start taking orders!
This comes from a firm that sells Dish equipment. I wrote back saying I'll send my money when they actually start shipping.

Comments, anyone?

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
With E* I'd keep my money in my pocket for quite some time, they always have lots of bugs to work out in the first 6 months or so with any of their PVRs.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
See the 921 & 211 topics in the HDTV Recorders forum, the latest report of arrival is September.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The JVC 9000 and the Dish 921 are not the same receiver. They are both HD PVRs that work with Dish network but they are not the same unit. My recollection is that the JVC did not have an OTA tuner while the 921 did.

Rick R

·
Registered
95 Posts
I received this email as well. I hope that Kipp is closer to the price of the 921 than J.Mike's email states.

Any truth to the rumor that the center slot in the 921 is for an optional DVD player?

I look forward to the 921, but am stopping short of adding my name and $ to a pre-order list. As a dish customer, I remain disappointed at the lack of emphasis on HD @ Dish. No mention of the 921, one of the most anticipated pieces of hardware in some time, at the last Chuck Chat. Humph.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
807 Posts
J. Mike, great sig!

"You know the world is off tilt when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest basketball player is Chinese, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the French are accusing Americans of being arrogant."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.