AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased all my parts for a HTPC and a friend is coming over today to put it all together..man I am excited. The parts consist of..

Antec 1040B II SOHO Black case with 400 watt ps and clear side case..

Asus P4PE "Black Pearl Edition" mobo...

WD 120 MB HD....

Pioneer 120S slot drive 16X DVD/48X CD/ROM (painted black)...

Floppy Drive...

Saphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis Pro VC..

512 MB Crucial DDR Ram....

Gyration Optical Keyboard & mouse suite...

DVI male to DVI male connection cord..(input into a Panasonic L300U LCD projector with a 92X54 inch screen)

Intel 2.4GH CPU

So I am fairly certain that all my hardware is up to snuff, it's my first software purchase that I am unsure of.I want to get the best picture possible out of my 300U and I heard that Theater Tek would suit my needs. I have also erected a RS outside antenna for HDTV reception and was unsure of what HDTV decoder card is the best vs price on the market. So if anyone can point me to wards the best software and HD decoder card I much appreciate it. This forum has been great in the past. Thanks all.

John

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
As for software, I often have problems with my TheaterTek crashing using the new ATI cat 3.2 drivers on my 9700 pro. Hopefully the 3.3 will solve that. I saw some posts here that others experienced similar problems. I also saw posts that others liked the new WinDVD platinum's PQ more than Theatertek, so I checked that out as well....and it is an incredible DVD player. I suggest checking out the winDVD plat with their free 30 day trial. (as there really is no free trial with theatertek). And, if winDVD plat isn't good enough for you, check out TheaterTek. I think both of those are better than PowerDVD. (try not to buy all 3 like me and waste $300).

But both software DVD players give great PQ in my opinion.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc, I just checked into my "Black Pearl Edition" MOBO and WinDVD Suite comes with it. It also came with a 32mb USB Flash Disc and flash music so I guess the extra $10.00 was worth it.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.