AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of deciding what the best way to update my surround system is.

The goal is to have 9.2 speakers, with the front-wide channels.

Since my room is rather limited, I was thinking about an option being to place the front wide speakers on top of the two subs which would be at the right location for the wide channels' speakers.

My question is: Will placing them on top of the subs (shock-absorbers in between) have negative influence on the sound quality from those speakers?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
 http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1236973

I'll probably be doing it myself soon.. just need to find another inch of so.. I want the front 5 to be at the same height. Using the subs at stands will help with WAF.. I have another pair of stands but they will make for a very wide look.. not sure I have the room..would have to move the subs and I dont really want too.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintageologist
Hello,

I'm currently in the process of deciding what the best way to update my surround system is.

The goal is to have 9.2 speakers, with the front-wide channels.

Since my room is rather limited, I was thinking about an option being to place the front wide speakers on top of the two subs which would be at the right location for the wide channels' speakers.

My question is: Will placing them on top of the subs (shock-absorbers in between) have negative influence on the sound quality from those speakers?

Thank you!
No.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts