AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just setup my OTA antenna today, my antenna setup is Channel Master 4228( 8 bowties) with Winegard preamp. My STB is Sony HD300. The PBS(17.1) came in great with signal strength between normal and good. The problem is the CBS(4.1). When the signal strength is high the screen is highly pixelated and not watchable. But with the signal is between bad and good, borderlining poor, the picture is OK. What is the problem here? I thought this should be the other way around. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. BTW, I can't get NBC at all. I though NBC has good HD.

John

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to use the preamp because without it I have no signal at all for all channel. I finally got it tweak out and now I get NBC, CBS and PBS most of time with good picture. I will tweak some more tomorrow.

John

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by TheSage
I have the same sony 300 how did u setup the OTA to the STB I forgot if i have to use a splitter or a diplexer.
I ran the coax cable from antenna-preamp-STB. My house/ neighborhood sits on top of the hill and I was able to mount the antenna in the garage and get good reception. From the STB I run the HD source to the plasma TV and the projector.

John

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by AntAltMike
Which model Winegard preamp? One with 28dB of UHF gain, or one with 19dB of UHF gain? Your system might work better with the lower gain model.
I have Winegard AP4800 preamp which is the 28db. gain model. I tweaked it and the reception seems fine most of the time. When spring comes I will probably move the antenna outside and experiment with it. It is too freaking cold to too much snow right now.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.