AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this SS for several years. Within the last 6-8 months I started to get connection failures quite often. If I reboot it will connect the first time and then not again until --- something..... Not sure what that something is, but I do seem to get guide updates, just not frequently. I believe that the modem is somehow not resetting after a connect and then mysteriously "fixes" itself. I would have been fine with this, BUT I now have a crashed hard drive (probably from booting the darn thing to make it connect) and was forced to replace it. So the story goes, I replaced the hard drive with a new 120GIG (using the excellent utilities and directions from this forum) and now I am the proud owner of a "New" unit that won't connect on the SECOND try during the initial setup process. Everytime I put in the quick start info and it disconnects to use the local number I have selected I get the "no answer" message. If I reboot to reset the modem, I have to start over. The proverbial catch 22.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.