AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brand new pv1d, out of box for couple months.... listening to music at a fair volume, certainly not excessive, hear a loud pop from the unit

could tell something was not right, now all it is doing is giving of a very low very subtle bass response, trim volume controls only have limited effect, clearly something is not right

is it blown? a fuse? any thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can i also say i am beyond bummed... the sub is being used in a living room, the space is very awkward and constrained for a tower speaker setup and so instead i went with 4 b&w ccm 683 ceiling speakers and the pv1d sub... the sound had really been spectacular, far beyond my expectations until now

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Have you tried re-seating the subwoofer cable or tried a different cable?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You might just have an amplifier board that has a single bad part.

You can connect an mp3- or dvd-player directly to the subwoofer. Make sure you turn down the gain on the subwoofer first. If you do not get sound, then either the driver or the amp is bad.

You can check the driver by connecting a 9v battery to its plus and minus terminals. If the driver moves, you are ok. You can also use a volt/ohm meter. If it jumps between 0 and infinity,then the driver is bad. A bad driver can destroy an amp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts