AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the whole PVR thing & hoping that someone can give me some input.I have the Samsung 160 HDTV STB & after reading some good reviews picked up the new Replay 5040 PVR.After getting it set up I'm wondering if the Tivo would integrate any better with the Samsung than the ReplayTV does.Is anyone using either set-up that could give me any insight?

Also.....(here come the dumb questions)

1)is there a way to get the local OTA digital channels to show up in the ReplayTV guide?

2) It seems that the way that I have it hooked up I will be basically treating the STB and ReplayTV as 2 seperate components (I am using the S-VHS out on the STB and the Component out on the Replay) .I was hoping I could use the Samsung STB to "tell" the ReplayTV unit what I want to record (I'm using the little blaster cord).The program guide in the Samsung is WAY faster & the picture is cleaner,so I seem to always use the STB to watch TV.Plus I have the STB hooked into the TV via the DVI input,so I have to also switch the TV to the component input to use the ReplayTV.

3) If I add a second ReplayTV at home,do I need to pay an additional 9.95 per month? I would assume that I do,but I would love to hear that I don't.

4) I was impressed with the Sony SVR-3000 Tivo box when I saw one yesterday.Any thoughts? I hate to lose my component in & Broadband,though....

Any help REALLY appreciated....

·
Registered
800 Posts
I can answer your question #3: yes, each ReplayTV unit has to be separately authorized for service, either via a monthly payment or by a one-time payment of the lifetime service fee.

·
Registered
588 Posts
1) no

2) Not a question - But you must program them both to record DTV.

4) The Replay is fine with DTV, for satellite NTSC go with DirecTiVo.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.