AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anybody here who has a copy of the .exe that is stored on the PLDNV78i GPS unit? I recently obtained it from my ex-wife who removed the card before giving it to me, and will not return the card. I have a mini-sd card I have formatted, but I don't have the software to put back on it so that the GPS will work. Contacting the manufacturer is futile, as they want $50 to put it back on the card, which is ridiculous considering the software they put on the card is pirated and unlicensed anyway. Just looking for an image of the sd card with the maps and the software on it so I can get my radio working again.

(No, this radio was not stolen. It was in our mutual vehicle when we divorced, and she got it. She failed to make the payments on it so I took it back from her and removed the radio out of it, only to find that she took the sd card out of it with the map data on it)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Got this from Amazon. Hope it helps:

There are no GPS updates!?
Of course there are, you just don't know how to find them. your GPS is in an SD card which you'll find once you press and hold the "eject" button. click the SD card in to take it out and then get it to your computer and go to google, then proceed to type "windows ce 6.0 Igo Primo igomyway map update 2012 north america (or wherever you live)," do your research, do what you gotta do, torrent it, download it somehow and then save the new maps data into the SD card, once you have that put it back in your system and there you will have an updated map for you to drive on.

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLDNV78I-Touchscreen-Discontinued-Manufacturer/product-reviews/B005J7YFLY

I figure with some perseverance, you may be able to get the map update you need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure with some perseverance, you may be able to get the map update you need.[/quote]
Unfortunately, that method only works if you have the current map system and application. I however, don't. She took the sd card that was in the system which contained all of that.

I've downloaded the updated maps, but without the software and the maps that are already on the system, they do me no good which is why I am trying to get an image of the sd card with the maps and .exe on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts