AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to add some speakers to my living room. Will be 90% TV. Looking at two systems, comprised of either:
QA 3090c
4 QA 3050

or

Def Tech ProCenter 2000
4 Def Tech BP6B

I have some space restrictions for the center, and given my budget, I've landed at these two options. I'll probably buy the center and 2 floor standers first, then add 2 additional floor standers next year.
Since this will mostly be Cable TV and movies, I'm curious how the two center speakers compare. Anyone have experience with either of these models? Pros/ Cons?
Thanks.

·
Registered
21,727 Posts
Going to add some speakers to my living room. Will be 90% TV. Looking at two systems, comprised of either:
QA 3090c
4 QA 3050

or

Def Tech ProCenter 2000
4 Def Tech BP6B

I have some space restrictions for the center, and given my budget, I've landed at these two options. I'll probably buy the center and 2 floor standers first, then add 2 additional floor standers next year.
Since this will mostly be Cable TV and movies, I'm curious how the two center speakers compare. Anyone have experience with either of these models? Pros/ Cons?
Thanks.
I doubt the DefTec center would measure as well as the 3090c above 100hz.

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/q-acoustics-3000-51-speaker-system-review-test-bench

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
I can't say how the setups compare, but can comment on the procenter 2000.

Dialogue will be clear, music acceptable... but it was treble-boosted to my ears. So voices weren't quite as realistic as I would prefer. It won't have much bass (although any small-ish center will have this same issue), full-ness was okay, but won't be huge. Basically to me it was a mediocre center that was too bright. Some people may prefer that brightness however (which is what makes dialogue easier to understand for some people).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts