AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1736 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Will the 3000 series stands work for the Concept 20 bookshelf speakers?
Hello Juanc81

Thanks for considering Q Acoustics.

The Concept 20 will not fit onto the 3000 Series stand.

Each pair of 3000ST stands come complete with two pairs of dedicated top plates. One pair for the 3010 model and one pair for the 3020 model. Because these top plates have a curve which follows the design of the speakers, they are not suitable for the Concept 20.

Obviously, the Concept 20 will work extremely well on any good, rigid stand with a flat top plate of a suitable size. However, if you are considering choosing the Concept 20, I strongly recommend you also stretch to the matching Concept 20 stands. I know they are $250 per pair, but they truly unleash the full potential of the speakers.

Best regards

Steve Reichert - Q Acoustics

·
Registered
21,724 Posts
Hello Juanc81

Thanks for considering Q Acoustics.

The Concept 20 will not fit onto the 3000 Series stand.

Each pair of 3000ST stands come complete with two pairs of dedicated top plates. One pair for the 3010 model and one pair for the 3020 model. Because these top plates have a curve which follows the design of the speakers, they are not suitable for the Concept 20.

Obviously, the Concept 20 will work extremely well on any good, rigid stand with a flat top plate of a suitable size. However, if you are considering choosing the Concept 20, I strongly recommend you also stretch to the matching Concept 20 stands. I know they are $250 per pair, but they truly unleash the full potential of the speakers.

Best regards

Steve, when will the Concept center speakers be available in the US?

Listened to a football game the other night in 2.0 with no EQ to test out how the Concept 20 handled male announcers which can be notorious for revealing a speakers' sibbilance, spittyness, nasality or chestiness.

None of those flaws revealed themselves on the Concept 20's so not only great for music they are great for video/sports.

They'd be an excellent foundation for a 5.1 system using a Concept center (when available) and a subwoofer that goes down to 20hz, (maybe a Concept Sub in the future that achieves that?).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Steve, when will the Concept center speakers be available in the US?
Hello gajCA

We expect the Concept Center speaker to be included with our next big shipment to Atlanta, which is scheduled to be late October 2016.

best regards

·
Registered
21,724 Posts
Concept 40's back on sale; based on my ongoing evaluation of the smaller C20's, these would seem to be a steal...especially with the Concept center arriving in November.

Also comes with $100 in free speaker cables; terminated with Banana Plugs and 2 meters long.

·
Registered
21,724 Posts
Zorba was VERY skeptical of Q Acoustics prior to his current continuing trial.

His conclusions match my own, but I only tested the Concept 20s...almost done with them.

My friend liked them so much he's buying them to replace his Andrew Jones Pioneers which were found significantly wanting after he tried the C20s at his house while I was on a 3 week vacation.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Zorba was VERY skeptical of Q Acoustics prior to his current continuing trial.

His conclusions match my own, but I only tested the Concept 20s...almost done with them.

My friend liked them so much he's buying them to replace his Andrew Jones Pioneers which were found significantly wanting after he tried the C20s at his house while I was on a 3 week vacation.
Hope the cruise was a good one Geoff. Are you still planning on keeping the stands? I am just curious as they sure look interesting. Don't have the funds for stands right now, but may look closer to the Q-Acoustic stands when funds allow.

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
21,724 Posts
Hope the cruise was a good one Geoff. Are you still planning on keeping the stands? I am just curious as they sure look interesting. Don't have the funds for stands right now, but may look closer to the Q-Acoustic stands when funds allow.

Cheers,

Phil
Funny you should ask.

Just the other night my 31 year old daughter was leaving and bumped the lightweight wooden stand my LX16 was on and down it went.

Speaker is fine but I'm thinking the VERY substantial, and good looking, Q Acoustics Concept stands will be staying!

Much more stable and I'll do the unmentionable and VELCRO the damned LX16s to them!

Currently comparing the C20s to my old B&W CM1 Concept 90s that recently a B&W representative on the B&W thread still represent their signature sound.

The sound signatures are virtually identical so at the moment, perhaps the B&Ws are a touch warmer, so I think I can confidently say that if you like the $550/pair B&W 686s you should be tickled with the $430/pair Q Acoustics Concept 20s...Zorba's review might lead one to believe that they might be equally happy with the $250/pair Q Acoustics 3020s!

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Funny you should ask.

Just the other night my 31 year old daughter was leaving and bumped the lightweight wooden stand my LX16 was on and down it went.

Speaker is fine but I'm thinking the VERY substantial, and good looking, Q Acoustics Concept stands will be staying!

Much more stable and I'll do the unmentionable and VELCRO the damned LX16s to them!

Currently comparing the C20s to my old B&W CM1 Concept 90s that recently a B&W representative on the B&W thread still represent their signature sound.

The sound signatures are virtually identical so at the moment I can confidently say that if you like the $550/pair B&W 686s you should be tickled with the $430/pair Q Acoustics Concept 20s...Zorba's review might lead one to believe that they might be equally happy with the $250/pair Q Acoustics 3020s!
Thanks for the info Geoff. I am not in the market for speakers right now as I have the new Chanes A2.4's across the front. I also have Jon's 24" HiVi stands. Was just thinking down the road. Got a set of Bi-Poles for rears. Not really a HT guy, but I do watch a movie here and there. So far, the Chanes are sounding better and better!

Cheers,

Phil

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi,
I just found this thread in our forum. I am realy glad to hear Q Acoustics are now available here in the US.
I'm pretty sure I will pull the Trigger on those soon.
I still got one question. Most of your Speakers are rated 6 OHM.
So how do I set my Reciever (Yamaha RX 1040). 4 Ohm or 8 Ohm ?

-Jubei

·
Registered
21,724 Posts
Hi,
I just found this thread in our forum. I am realy glad to hear Q Acoustics are now available here in the US.
I'm pretty sure I will pull the Trigger on those soon.
I still got one question. Most of your Speakers are rated 6 OHM.
So how do I set my Reciever (Yamaha RX 1040). 4 Ohm or 8 Ohm ?

-Jubei
Most owner's manuals I've read would have you leave the receiver at 8 ohms.

Which Qs are you buying?

·
Registered
21,724 Posts
I'm thinking of going 3050s 4x plus the Center just bought a HSU ULS15-MKII.
That'll be a great system but I like my rear surrounds at ear level when standing as it adds significant height to the sound and the sound is less localized than if the tweeters were at ear level when seated.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That'll be a great system but I like my rear surrounds at ear level when standing as it adds significant height to the sound and the sound is less localized than if the tweeters were at ear level when seated.
I agree. That's why I haven't decided yet about going 5.1 as described or
going 7.1 with 4 bookshelfs the center and the two 3050s

I still have also not yet decided on classic 7.1 vs 5.1.2

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree. That's why I haven't decided yet about going 5.1 as described or
going 7.1 with 4 bookshelfs the center and the two 3050s

I still have also not yet decided on classic 7.1 vs 5.1.2

Hello Jubei-1

Many thanks for considering Q Acoustics speakers.

We completely agree with gajCA in this instance. The HSU subwoofer will work perfectly with all the Q Acoustics models and also there would be no point in using floorstanding 3050s for the 'rear' channels. Bookshelf 3020s will do an excellent job.

Regards

Q Acoustics

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello Jubei-1

Many thanks for considering Q Acoustics speakers.

We completely agree with gajCA in this instance. The HSU subwoofer will work perfectly with all the Q Acoustics models and also there would be no point in using floorstanding 3050s for the 'rear' channels. Bookshelf 3020s will do an excellent job.

Regards

Q Acoustics
Great. Thanks for your answer. Can I also use the 3020s with your mounting bracket as FrontHeight Speakers for a 5.1.2 SetUp ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Can I also use the 3020s with your mounting bracket as FrontHeight Speakers for a 5.1.2 SetUp ?
Hi Jubei-1

Yes, the 3020, mounted on the 3000 Series wall brackets, will work perfectly - providing of course, that bracket is suitable for your wall. The 3000WB is designed for 'solid' walls (brick/concrete etc.)

If you have 'drywall/plaster board' walls, then an alternative bracket or shelf may be more suitable.

Regards

Q Acoustics

41 - 60 of 1736 Posts