AVS Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 1664 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well I think I’m going to compare LR towers 3050’s vs Polk S55.

It’s probably in here, but are the 3050i’s worth the $170 more than the 3050’s in graphite color?

·
Registered
21,471 Posts
Well I think I’m going to compare LR towers 3050’s vs Polk S55.

It’s probably in here, but are the 3050i’s worth the $170 more than the 3050’s in graphite color?
Review of the 3020i vs 3020 indicates the extra money is worth it.

https://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/3020i/review

I generally look at speakers as a 10 year investment and looking at things that way make the $170 difference relatively minor in the long term.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks so much for the link to the return policy. I don't know why I wasn't more specific in my question...I'm mostly wondering if Q Acoustics has amended their restocking fee policy since when this thread first started. I don't see any reference to it on the returns page @gajCA provided a link to.

Since it's not there (or anywhere that I have found on the website) is it the case that they don't charge a restocking fee?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks so much for the link to the return policy. I don't know why I wasn't more specific in my question...I'm mostly wondering if Q Acoustics has amended their restocking fee policy since when this thread first started. I don't see any reference to it on the returns page @gajCA provided a link to.

Since it's not there (or anywhere that I have found on the website) is it the case that they don't charge a restocking fee?
[MENTION=8198339]akohli3, they don't charge a restocking fee.

·
Registered
21,471 Posts

We here on AVS convinced Steve Reichert, (now retired head of Marketing), very early on to eliminate that onerous clause in their return policy.

I guess it's common in the EU but he understood it could be a brand killer in the US.

Mind you, ALL speaker companies will dock you for items returned that aren't in "like new" condition.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tempted to give it a try. I had the old 3090C and it was underwhelming. I just don't think you'll get big sound out of two small 4" woofers that close together. I think they should have spread them out more, or just go with larger woofers.

Would be interested to hear the difference vs the old 3090.
Agree that 4in woofers will sound a bit "small".. I have speakers with 3.5in woofers (infinity satellites) - while they are good, they don't present the big soundstage that many desire for HT.

of course, all this theory. So If anybody is going to try the 3090ci, then would be interested to hear their opinions.

·
Registered
17,072 Posts
If anybody is going to try the 3090ci, then would be interested to hear their opinions.
It's too bad that neither Crutchfield nor Best Buy carry any QA speakers. Amazon is showing only the old 3090.

Reactions: mpk1970

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brand new owner of the Q Acoustics 3010i's in white and they look great! Only now I'm wondering if I should have went for the 3020i... My use-case is near-field (1-2 ft) on a desktop for general PC browsing, music, movies, podcasts... Should I upgrade? The 3010i are already 10" deep, and the 3020i is 11", so potentially getting into ridiculous-looking territory for desktop use. Wish they had gone up an inch in height instead of depth when they expanded the cabinets in the 30X0i line :(

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,034
Brand new owner of the Q Acoustics 3010i's in white and they look great! Only now I'm wondering if I should have went for the 3020i... My use-case is near-field (1-2 ft) on a desktop for general PC browsing, music, movies, podcasts... Should I upgrade? The 3010i are already 10" deep, and the 3020i is 11", so potentially getting into ridiculous-looking territory for desktop use. Wish they had gone up an inch in height instead of depth when they expanded the cabinets in the 30X0i line :(
... or just add a small sub.

·
Registered
17,072 Posts
Reactions: RayGuy

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
CNETS review of the 3020i is finally up!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnet.com/google-amp/reviews/q-acoustics-3020i-review/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good review for them, but does anyone else find it odd they compared it against the larger 6" Elac? A fairer fight would be the 5" Elacs.

It's not hard to test any speaker against a larger one, then throw in comments that the larger one has more bass or is fuller or louder. It's kind of like a 'duh' comparison. But it also doesn't tell the reader much, especially if they own a sub.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Both speakers have the same price point so that’s the comparison. I do I wish they mentioned the Elac B5 2.0.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Both speakers have the same price point so that’s the comparison. I do I wish they mentioned the Elac B5 2.0.

Yeah, I get that, but still, it kind of limits how useful their review is.

We could say the Polk S20 has more bass too, same pricepoint. Or maybe Dayton towers have more bass too and are fuller in sound. But would comparing the bass of the Qacoustics to larger Daytons be useful info to anyone? Pricepoint is variable as we all know too, as I expect Qacoustics to run sales eventually.

Just came across as a little weird to me. It's okay to mention the bass thing with larger speakers, but much more useful I'd think to compare speakers of the same size/general pricerange.

1021 - 1040 of 1664 Posts