AVS Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1664 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Well the concept center is different from the 3090. From what I know, the 3090 has no improvements from last years model unlike the 3020i that did improve over last years 3020.
Where have you read that the 3090Ci has no improvements from the previous model? I'm not aware of any comparisons, professional or otherwise. Not saying you are wrong, just that I'm curious how you know there were no improvements.... where you may have read that.

I think the 3090ci is a little deeper than the previous model, so size-wise they aren't exactly the same. Whether they changed anything else, bracing or whatever, no idea. Although they did add better bracing for the 3020is, so logically they should have done it for the center too.

·
Registered
19,314 Posts
I think the 3090ci is a little deeper than the previous model, so size-wise they aren't exactly the same. Whether they changed anything else, bracing or whatever, no idea. Although they did add better bracing for the 3020is, so logically they should have done it for the center too.
Yes they did some changes to it

The Q 3090Ci boasts twin 100mm (4”) and 22mm (0.9”) precision drivers delivering the ultimate cinematic experience. You will hear every precise detail; every note, every word at its very best. The Q 3090Ci incorporates the same technology used across the rest of the 3000i range including P2P bracing and brand new high frequency drivers ensuring it complements the rest of the series, perfectly.

It is also a little bigger and weighs more

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yes they did some changes to it

The Q 3090Ci boasts twin 100mm (4”) and 22mm (0.9”) precision drivers delivering the ultimate cinematic experience. You will hear every precise detail; every note, every word at its very best. The Q 3090Ci incorporates the same technology used across the rest of the 3000i range including P2P bracing and brand new high frequency drivers ensuring it complements the rest of the series, perfectly.

It is also a little bigger and weighs more
I thought those are the exact same spec as LY model? They had twin 4" and that .9 LY as well I believe.
Maybe they did make a little bigger but I would have to see LY specs.
If so, it would make sense since they made the new 3020i cabinet 25% bigger and added to the weight

·
Registered
21,471 Posts
Recent review of a 5.1 system from Fyne Audio is complimentary but makes these comments that should be of interest.

"Our only minor qualm with the package is the level of expression offered by the F300C and, to a lesser extent, the F300s. If they were any less than good this package would not have received a four-star review, but they just don’t match the excitement of their Award-winning cousins.

The centre speaker is where much of the action happens, and while vocals are still interesting and given depth of character, their presentation isn’t quite at the same level as the Q Acoustics 3050i 5.1 Cinema Pack."

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/fyne-audio-f302-av

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Is there anywhere to see the Q speakers in a showroom within the US or more specifically NYC?

·
Registered
21,471 Posts
Yet another 5.1 system review from WhatHiFi referencing the Q Acoustics center.

"In fact, the only reason this package is not outright class-leaders is due to Q Acoustics’s ridiculously good centre speaker.

The Spektor Vokal is by no means lacking for expression, but Q Acoustics simply knocks it out the park. Given so much dialogue is focused here, it’s centre speaker’s role is vitally important, and the added dynamic control from Dali’s main rival moves it ahead in the pecking order."

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/dali-spektor-2-51

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,090

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,093

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks for that link. Funny, but it almost sounds like he's saying that the crossover region is a mess, so in order to hear less of the mess, we attenuate those frequencies.

On a related note, somewhere online there's a KEF LS50 white paper (product brief). The KEF LS50 white paper is a fun and informative read—and a bit of marketing, too. QA also created a white paper for the Concept 500.

You know, I've never heard any version of the well-documented BBC LS3/5A loudspeaker. Just out of curiosity, it would be fun to listen to the Concept 20 and 3020i and LS3/5A and LS50 in the same room.

·
Registered
142 Posts
For those of you with 3050’s or 3050i’s, what are you driving them with?
I have Monoprice Hybrid tube 25w and tried the all tube 10w but it sounds harsh, like too much treble. I have a Yamaha R-N803 arriving next week but can’t help thinking about a used Rotel or maybe Rega Brio or Exposure. I like music from my Yamaha CX-A5100 with a Monoprice Monolith 7 and a pair of PSB T65’s, so I will probably like the 803 as well but....you know how it is :) I wonder what else I should consider...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

i just bought the 3020 as LF/RF speakers and 3010 as surround speakers. Now i am thinking about center speaker, should i go with 3090C or 3090Ci? The price is quite similar, but i dont know if its good to pair 3000 line with 3000"i".

Thank you so much.

·
Registered
21,471 Posts
Hi guys,

i just bought the 3020 as LF/RF speakers and 3010 as surround speakers. Now i am thinking about center speaker, should i go with 3090C or 3090Ci? The price is quite similar, but i dont know if its good to pair 3000 line with 3000"i".

Thank you so much.
I'd definitely get the newer center.

·
Registered
17,072 Posts
Definitely try the new one. Any "timbre" differences will be laughably microscopic, and hopefully the new tweeter/hardware on the "i" version will result in a better result than the original 3090C.

1081 - 1100 of 1664 Posts