AVS Forum banner

1101 - 1120 of 1748 Posts

·
Registered
21,733 Posts
Thanks for answer. Is there any noticeable difference in colour and design of 3090ci and 3090c especially in graphite?
Sorry, that is not a question I can answer definitively.

Images from the web; the first is the 3020, the second is the 3020i.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Has anyone compared the highs on the 3050 vs the SVS Prime Towers ?...I’m currently auditioning the towers and looking to order the 3050’s for a direct comparison.

Most likely I’m sending back the towers but if the 3050 is considered bright, I won’t bother ordering them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Has anyone compared the highs on the 3050 vs the SVS Prime Towers ?...I’m currently auditioning the towers and looking to order the 3050’s for a direct comparison.

Most likely I’m sending back the towers but if the 3050 is considered bright, I won’t bother ordering them.
Although, I did not get to do a side by side comparison, I did listen to the SVS Prime towers while doing my purchase and ultimately preferred the QA 3050 to them- reasons being more WAF related than anything else.
I wouldn't be able to recall if one was brighter than the other - however, I work from home and listen to the QAs pretty much 8 hours non stop with no fatigue. Music ranges from Jazz to Rock to Metal to occasional hip hop and sometimes new age. I would say the QAs are probably not the best for Rock/Metal music, but for anything else - they are deliciously musical and non fatiguing. This is for both stereo as well as 5.1 SACD mixes.
My usage is 80/20 Music/HT. I listen at moderate levels with the occasional blasting. I wouldn't be surprised if you decide to keep the 3050s over the Primes.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Although, I did not get to do a side by side comparison, I did listen to the SVS Prime towers while doing my purchase and ultimately preferred the QA 3050 to them- reasons being more WAF related than anything else.
I wouldn't be able to recall if one was brighter than the other - however, I work from home and listen to the QAs pretty much 8 hours non stop with no fatigue. Music ranges from Jazz to Rock to Metal to occasional hip hop and sometimes new age. I would say the QAs are probably not the best for Rock/Metal music, but for anything else - they are deliciously musical and non fatiguing. This is for both stereo as well as 5.1 SACD mixes.
My usage is 80/20 Music/HT. I listen at moderate levels with the occasional blasting. I wouldn't be surprised if you decide to keep the 3050s over the Primes.
Thanks for the input, we mostly have the same music taste (no metal, lol) (80/20 for music too)- And I work from home too. :)
I'm going to be adding a sub to them as well. Just looking for something that has detailed highs but not bright and with a decent low end until I get my sub

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for the input, we mostly have the same music taste (no metal, lol) (80/20 for music too)- And I work from home too. :)
I'm going to be adding a sub to them as well. Just looking for something that has detailed highs but not bright and with a decent low end until I get my sub
I love the QAs - don't think you will go wrong with them especially if you plan on many hours of listening. I also really liked the emotiva T1s - if you get a chance to give them a listen, you might find yourself in a tough spot. However, given the styling of the Emotivas vs the QAs are diametrically opposite - you could use that as a basis of making a decision. Besides that, the port bungs with with QAs also were a plus for me since I've placed them quite close to the back wall and let the sub take over for the bass....and it prevents my toddler from dumping stuff down the ports.:D

·
Registered
834 Posts
I love the QAs - don't think you will go wrong with them especially if you plan on many hours of listening. I also really liked the emotiva T1s - if you get a chance to give them a listen, you might find yourself in a tough spot. However, given the styling of the Emotivas vs the QAs are diametrically opposite - you could use that as a basis of making a decision. Besides that, the port bungs with with QAs also were a plus for me since I've placed them quite close to the back wall and let the sub take over for the bass....and it prevents my toddler from dumping stuff down the ports.:D

Yes, the emotivas were in consideration but the 4 ohms is an issue with me and my entry level Denon (its a 2nd system that I'm putting together).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the links dbPlan. I would love to pickup the Marantz Ruby reference series but that is out of my price range. I will give the Yamaha R-N803 a try, it should arrive today, and keep an eye out for a deal on Arcam, Rotel or Marantz.

·
Registered
21,733 Posts
Thank you guys, could you also recommend me a budget subwoofer for 15sqm room?
That works out to 160 sq/ft so not large.

In the States the choices are numerous but I'm guessing you are not in the States.

If in the EU consider BK Electronics or XTZ.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hoping to get the advice of some existing owners. This will be my first 5.1 setup and have decided on either the Q Acoustic 3000 or 3000i series with the Denon AVR-X3400H.

Q1. My first question is about speaker placement, as I’m in rented accommodation I can’t wall mount any speakers so will be using stands. How do people mount their rear speakers, the available stands seem too short to be used for rear speakers? Some photos of people’s rear speaker setup would be great, all photos I’ve seen are of the front.

Q2. For the prices below, is the upgrade from 3000 to 3000i worth it?
£500: 3020 front, 3010 rear, 3090c centre, 3070s sub
£870: 3020i front, 3010i rear, 3090ci centre, 3060s sub

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
21,733 Posts
Hoping to get the advice of some existing owners. This will be my first 5.1 setup and have decided on either the Q Acoustic 3000 or 3000i series with the Denon AVR-X3400H.

Q1. My first question is about speaker placement, as I’m in rented accommodation I can’t wall mount any speakers so will be using stands. How do people mount their rear speakers, the available stands seem too short to be used for rear speakers? Some photos of people’s rear speaker setup would be great, all photos I’ve seen are of the front.

Q2. For the prices below, is the upgrade from 3000 to 3000i worth it?
£500: 3020 front, 3010 rear, 3090c centre, 3070s sub
£870: 3020i front, 3010i rear, 3090ci centre, 3060s sub

Thanks in advance :)
Everything I've read says the i series is worth the extra money; hopefully @mpk1970 will chime in as he has both the 3020s and 3020is.

You could, however, use 3010s vs 3010is for the rears and every review points to the Q Acoustics sub as the weak link in the chain so in the UK I'd look at BK Electronics for your sub needs.

My rears are mounted at ear height when standing on flat shelves as my couch is up against the wall.

Putting rears on stands is fine if they can be set a few feet back and outboard of the couch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Everything I've read says the i series is worth the extra money; hopefully @mpk1970 will chime in as he has both the 3020s and 3020is.

You could, however, use 3010s vs 3010is for the rears and every review points to the Q Acoustics sub as the weak link in the chain so in the UK I'd look at BK Electronics for your sub needs.

My rears are mounted at ear height when standing on flat shelves as my couch is up against the wall.

Putting rears on stands is fine if they can be set a few feet back and outboard of the couch.
Thanks for the advice @gajCA

I'm definitely leaning towards the 3000i series, though I read these speakers are more suited to music than movies. I'll be using them for movies 95% of the time so should I be looking at different speakers?

Also the BK Elec subs look good, thanks for the suggestion. For my budget it would either be xls200 or P12-300SB. Again I have read that the xls200 is more suited to music. Is the 300SB better for movies or should I look at a different sub?

Also found a good speaker stand (Atacama MOSECO 10). It's 1m tall which will prevent it getting blocked by the sofa.

Thanks again :D

·
Registered
21,733 Posts
Thanks for the advice @gajCA

I'm definitely leaning towards the 3000i series, though I read these speakers are more suited to music than movies. I'll be using them for movies 95% of the time so should I be looking at different speakers?

Also the BK Elec subs look good, thanks for the suggestion. For my budget it would either be xls200 or P12-300SB. Again I have read that the xls200 is more suited to music. Is the 300SB better for movies or should I look at a different sub?

Also found a good speaker stand (Atacama MOSECO 10). It's 1m tall which will prevent it getting blocked by the sofa.

Thanks again :D
I have always had "music first" speakers and subs in my home theaters since 1989; "music" speakers make great Home Theater speakers and sealed subs work great for movies if you buy the correct size for your space but truth be told we are not all "bassheads" and in my secondary room I have dual tiny 8" subs with 50 watts each and they give a satisfying result.

Don't worry about the speakers but if you are in a larger room you might consider the P12-300sb which has a passive radiator, not sealed like the XLS200, so should provide significantly more volume potential.

Certainly FAR more than any Q Acoustics sub.

Give BKE a call, they won't steer you wrong.

·
Registered
21,733 Posts
Any thoughts on the QA Concept 40s on here? They're on a nice sale at the moment.
I really loved the Concept 20; every bit as good as my Martin Logan LX16s.

My friend has them and doesn't use a subwoofer and they still sound marvelous though, obviously, for movies, they would need a sub...as would the Concept 40s.

The Concept 40 is said to be not just similar but better.

This is just one review that essentially says just that.

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/q-acoustics-concept-40-stereo-loudspeakers-review-404662

1101 - 1120 of 1748 Posts