AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would someone be so kind to look up the distance that an AmPro 2000G should be sitting (table mount) away from a 84" wide screen if you have such a manual? I got the AmPro 3600 manual with my 2000G (go figure?). No matter what I do I can't seem to get the picture to fill my 84" screen following the specs in the AmPro 3600 manual that have me setting the projector 112 inches away from the screen. I also have played with the internal goodies to no avail, I don't believe that this is the problem. It is possible that the problem is coming from the signal being fed to the pj from my HTPC, but just want to narrow it down.

Thanks,

DAN

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dan,

Here's a link to a program to figure throw distance for ampros:
http://beamer.xs4all.nl/Documents.htm , it's near the bottom of the page. I get 160" from screen to back of the projector. Subtract the length of the projector (I have know idea how big it is) to get an aprox measurement for screen to lens.

Hope it helps until one of the guys who would know for sure can give you some help.

Brad

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried it, but for some reason I can't get it to run. Every time I try to run it my monitor goes in to sleep mode, then I have to reboot. Maybe it is because I have windows XP. Would someone mind plugging in 84 inch wide screen for me, for an Ampro 2000G?

Thanks again,

DAN

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I get 129.1" also. This is to the front of the case, not to front of the lenses.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank GOD!!!! You guys just made me soooo happy! I was about going crazy! Everyone was telling me that I should stick to the specs of the projector, but my Ampro 3600 specs (like I said I have the 2000G) was telling me 112". This solves my short coming on width mystery.

I should have asked this with my original question, but didn't think of it. Could someone please let me know the distance from the floor it is suppose to be. I guess it would be easier if you just gave me the formula.

Thanks again for saving me from insanity!

DAN

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more thing... my Ampro 2000G came with front legs which made it sit up in the front... in the setup picture in my 3600 manual it showed the pj sitting flat on the table. I know there are intake fans on the bottom of the 2000 so I took off the legs and set it on a 2X4 in the front and the back so it is sitting flat, but still in the air in the middle so the intake fans can work. Now I'm beginning to think that maybe the legs were suppose to stay on in the front if the distance was different in the 3600 manual. Can anyone confirm this thought?

If it is suppose to sit up in the front on these legs, please let me know if the distance from the floor measurement (I'm hopeing to get) is to the bottom of the front which is higher or to the back which would be lower.

Thanks for all the help guys... I think I have a source to get a 2000 manual by the end of the month, so I wont have to bother you all anymore.

DAN :)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Dan,

I've got something that may help. Send me a Private Message with your email address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.