AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting on delivery of a 42" WD7UY from Plasma Concepts via DHL. PC has been absolutely great so far, my frustration is with the online package tracking with DHL. The site is showing delivery still scheduled for tomorrow (10/22), but the detail would suggest it hasn't left the sort facility in Ohio yet. Now I can only assume that this isn't correct and that the plasma will in fact arrive sometime tomorrow. I just hate to take the day off to hang out if it isn't going to show.

Anyone with any contacts at DHL that can really tell me where this package is? Any other experiences?

·
Registered
688 Posts
Freight forwarders or carriers such as Danzas (Danzas is the freight div. of DHL) are not the best in inputing real-time tracking. Do not look for this capability for heavyweight carriers vs. the small pkg carriers (ie UPS, FedEx, DHL, etc).

The best way to track heavy weight is to CALL them. I did exactly that for my Danzas shipment from VA. If Danzas does not have a local warehouse/office in your area, they will subcontract to a local freight service. DHL/Danzas will tell you this information and how to contact the subcontractor to make a delivery appointment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Based on my personal experience in dealing with Danzas, they should contact you the day before delivery is scheduled to setup a 4 hour window for delivery. Also, I agree with BodegaBay, you should give them a call to get an accurate delivery status. I found that the website was at least a day behind in tracking the actual location of the package. I checked the website immediately after my plasma was delivered and it indicated that it was still at their sort facility in Ohio.

Regards,

James

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for help so far. I called DHL - they were no help. Then I called Danzas. The nice lady I spoke to there couldn't help me either. She said the tracking number was too long to be a Danzas number and that it had to be DHL Express. I've given up at this point. I'll take tomorrow off and just hang out I guess. There are worse things than a three-day weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Assuming that DHL/Danza is subcontracted by Plasma Concepts-

Call Plasma Concepts and make them work for you. Its 100% their responsibility until after you have signed the "Receipt" confirming delivery.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.