AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought all my HDTV in the last 7 years from Magnolio Hifi (Sony and Samsung). I'm used to their no hassle warranty. For example, when one of my TV's had a dead pixel, they sent people to deliver a new TV in it's place and package up my defective TV and took it away.

I am now in the market for a TV; but, this time, I'm on a strict budget. I was looking at various specs on different TVs; and saw that the Vizio XVT3D474SV looked the best spec-wise than any other LCD TV on the market. However, Magnolia doesnt sell Vizio.

Is this TV really that good for the price? Is there anything comparable that's sold at Magnolia Hifi? I'm looking for a place I can buy this TV (or comparable) that offers the same kind of warranty and home delivery/replacement service that Magnolia offers. Costco seems pretty good, but they dont offer any payment plans the way Magnolia does.

Can someone help me pick out the best 47" TV for around $1000 (give or take $200) with Magnolia Hifi warranty and payment plans?

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
16,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKANET /forum/post/20842995

I have bought all my HDTV in the last 7 years from Magnolio Hifi (Sony and Samsung). I'm used to their no hassle warranty. For example, when one of my TV's had a dead pixel, they sent people to deliver a new TV in it's place and package up my defective TV and took it away.

I am now in the market for a TV; but, this time, I'm on a strict budget. I was looking at various specs on different TVs; and saw that the Vizio XVT3D474SV looked the best spec-wise than any other LCD TV on the market. However, Magnolia doesnt sell Vizio.

Is this TV really that good for the price? Is there anything comparable that's sold at Magnolia Hifi? I'm looking for a place I can buy this TV (or comparable) that offers the same kind of warranty and home delivery/replacement service that Magnolia offers. Costco seems pretty good, but they dont offer any payment plans the way Magnolia does.

Can someone help me pick out the best 47" TV for around $1000 (give or take $200) with Magnolia Hifi warranty and payment plans?

Thanks,

Michael

There's probably a good reason that Magnolia doesn't carry Vizio. There are more and more reports that once once the Vizio warranty expires, it's very difficult to get parts for replacement/repair. There's also some question as to the quality of the parts that Vizio uses. If it were me, I'd stick to LG, Sony, or Samsung.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right. $300 more will give me an LG Infinia 47LX9500; which has the same specs as the Vizio; except it's backed by Magnolio Hifi. $300 isn't worth having to worry about something breaking and being out of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot /forum/post/20846770

There's probably a good reason that Magnolia doesn't carry Vizio. There are more and more reports that once once the Vizio warranty expires, it's very difficult to get parts for replacement/repair. There's also some question as to the quality of the parts that Vizio uses. If it were me, I'd stick to LG, Sony, or Samsung.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot /forum/post/20846770

I just had my Vizio XVT3D554SV repaired... Vizio's are built with LG and Sony Parts...

For the difference in price between the Vizio TV and other brands with comparable features... I can afford the Vizio extended 4 year warranty, the BJ's extended 2 year warranty, and a new computer....

All TV brands have a failure rates... Even Pioneer with their $10,000 Kuro Elite. And according to Consumer Reports... Vizio's failure rate is about 3%, right there with Samsung, Sony, and LG.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts