AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a HTPC that I am trying to set up and when I do a QAM scan I have the choice of HRC-3, HRC, IRC, Standard, Standard Alternative. Can someone tell me what these different "standards" mean? I am hooked up to Charter cable in california.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdreamer55 /forum/post/19513890

Hello everyone,

I have a HTPC that I am trying to set up and when I do a QAM scan I have the choice of HRC-3, HRC, IRC, Standard, Standard Alternative. Can someone tell me what these different "standards" mean? I am hooked up to Charter cable in california.

Thanks

Steve

You can Google/Bing for precise definitions of these terms but they are alternate frequency allocations for cable channels. Try the Standard option which I assume most systems use. If you have problems with some channels especially 95 thru 99. You can try another type or you can contact Charter and find out which Headend Type they are using.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Those are NTSC (analog channels) settings. HRC and IRC offset some of the channels. I don't think they have any effect on digital, but might as well set it on standard anyway.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
There are a few cable providers using HRC with digital channels. IRC only differs significantly from standard on channels 5 and 6 and is almost never seen in the real world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts