AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, so, I went to the store with the objective to buy a 55" X90J. When I was there I say an offer for the Samsung 55" Qn90a, at a lower price. I pulled the trigger But... I didn't know the eu version of the QN90A has an ips panel. Now, I can definitely see it is a lot brighter than every tv I've ever seen, but obviously it has lower contrast and a visible blooming in dark scenes My question is, do you think its worth to return it for the X90J or it's still an overall better tv? I've 10 days for make my decision Thanks all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I didn't mention I would use it mainly for gaming (ps5 and xbox series S), and netflix/Disney+

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Dark or lighted room?

ADS or IPS panels best in a bright or lighted room, their defects show up in a dark room. They provide wide viewing angles.

Standard VA panels have deeper blacks, great for dark rooms but with narrow viewing angles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dark or lighted room?

ADS or IPS panels best in a bright or lighted room, their defects show up in a dark room. They provide wide viewing angles.

Standard VA panels have deeper blacks, great for dark rooms but with narrow viewing angles.
I would say it's a "normal" room, that's what makes the choice so difficult..
But I could say I don't need wide viewing angles cause I always sit in front of the TV

·
Registered
18,600 Posts
Dark or lighted room?

I had a 10-year old S-IPS panel in the downstairs family room, which was very bright during the day, but the panel had issues with the windows directly opposite it and the brightness of the room. At night, with a bias light, the pq was very good. I recently replaced it with a VA panel (QN90A in the U.S.) because of the brightness of the room, and it was a noticeable improvement for the better. Viewing angles are good for a VA panel (not as good as the IPS panel though) and the pq is excellent day or night (again with the use of a bias light).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts