AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

I found a deal where I can get the RX-V565 and a Klipsch KSW-10 shipped for a total of $429.99

my question is how will this work with my current speaker setup, is it better then my current receiver, and is the 1080p up-scaling better then my tv's built in one.

also I don't plan on using preouts so not having them doesn't bother me, and i don't care about the cheap speaker connectors.

i am on a bit of a budget and don't have a sub yet, so this seems like a good deal for me.

anyways my current setup is here.

TV: Sharp LC-52SB55U

AMP: JVC RX-8040

CENTER: Pioneer S-VSL6C 130W

MAINS: Kenwood LS-V730 120W x2

REARS: Kenwood LS-V150-B 100W x2

footnote: i cant find any web info on the Kenwood speakers however the 730's seem to be exactly like these LS-V530-B and the 150's are like these 330's but a smaller book shelf style with 2x 5" speakers, a tweet each, and only 100W

fat style PS3 hdmi

xbox360 hdmi

htpc hdmi

comcast hd dvr ( moving to comcast area dont know what kind yet ) should be hdmi

lastly i love my blu-ray movies and I love my audio but... i dont need to go over board. my main reason for upgrading is to get hdmi and HD audio support anything better then that is just icing.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump cause of short time for this deal.

also to add that all of it is new in box.

also i have been reading that it might be underpowered.

to give a better idea assume i do not get the sub and just have the speakers listed. would the 565 give enough jucie to each speaker to give me the full sound that i get now. if not, even tho it comes with the sub it would be a deal breaker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
or should I forget about a sub at this time ( I would like one but I don't feel that I am missing one with the bass provided by my current speakers and receiver) and just get a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K or a Denon 1910 ? my total price range is sub 500.

like I said I am completely happy with the sound quality and mostly happy with the current bass provided by my current setup but I want to get in the the hdmi / hd audio / less stupid cables :p crowd.

also one thing that really bugs me about my current setup is the amp sometimes needs to be reset on a hot day and always has a problem with the sound drooping out for 1-2 secs. the last happens at most 1 time during a 2 hour movie if not at all for a day or 2 but it always comes back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also some hunting gave me this info on the jvc receiver i currently have.

JVC RX-8040 ($450)

Rated: 130W x 7 into 8 ohms
Measured: 63W x 5 into 8 ohms
Freq Response: 10Hz to 168kHz / +0, -3dB

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
I know nothing about your current receiver.

You ask about 1080p conversion. It's not helpful, IMO. I would ignore it, and focus on your other needs.

The 565 is in Yamaha's 2nd lowest tier. I define tier as a set of receivers that likely have identical power transformers. I determine this by weight and cabinet size. On a budget, you will be looking at lower powered receivers from all brands.

A powered sub is important, IMO, for movies AND music. Yes, you can get usable bass with many speakers, but a sub seems to add something most setups are going to be misssing. I would rank it among the most important purchases in an AV setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. So I get from what you said that I should get the deal if only for the sub. Then if I don't like the receiver I can sell it used and still keep the sub for a good deal?

If I do this and don't like the receiver would 200-300 be a good deal for it since I only used it for a few days?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts