Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had the 36SDX01S for about two weeks now and have noticed a couple of things that concern me, plus a few questions. Keep in mind my unit is a floor model with heavy use (i would assume) purchased from Sears. Also let me apologize in advance if I screw up some technical terms.

Concerns:

1. Hooked up a sony dvp-ns700p progressive scan using the component input 2. 75% of the time, the television seems to not recognize the progressive output of the player. There will be diagonal lines when sending a progressive signal (via the switch in the back of the dvd player). As soon as I place the switch in interlace mode, the picture comes back, switch it back to progressive, diagonal lines most of the time. If it does recognize the signal as progressive the other 25% of the time, if I happen to press the input button to cycle thru the different video inputs, when it gets back to the video input mode of the progressive dvd it goes back to the diagonal image. I usually have to cycle through the video modes a few rounds until the tv displays the image correctly. I'm using the component cables that came with the dvd player, could that be the culprit?

2. I also have a RCA DTC100 connected via the RGB input 1 (also tested RGB 2 same results) and have noticed that when watching OTA digital shows I see very faint horizontal lines flickering all over, especially against white or light backgrounds. I'm in the Los Angeles area about 30 miles from the towers but pull anywhere from 82-90 signal strength reading on digital channels. It's almost like the refresh rate is screwed up. Could this also be a cable problem? I'm using the standard VGA cable from the DTC100.

3. I seem to have a bowing effect on the left side of the screen when viewing OTA HD broadcasts. I've tried to correct using the pincushion adjustment but when I fix the left side, the right side becomes affected.

4. When viewing OTA HD, what is the proper height value you guys are using via the RGB vertical adjustment?

I really love this TV, I guess I'm just trying to find out if others have had any similar issues.

Thanks

-eric

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.