AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until we can find a solution (PE or someone else) to the supply of the QSC waveguides, does anyone know where a person could find a few of them? Thanks in advance (for me and other DIY'ers),

Jim

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help
, I'm aware of the thread and have already contacted PE. I was hoping anyone knew of or had a stash of them.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I bought mine from Penngray.

I think he might be banned for another few days so you might have to wait or contact him on the other forums.
PE forum and others.

·
Registered
429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm /forum/post/19516586

I bought mine from Penngray.

I think he might be banned for another few days so you might have to wait or contact him on the other forums.
PE forum and others.

What happened??

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 /forum/post/19516967

??? penn banned, wtf ???

Did you find out why? I looked for his last few posts for a clue and his last post is from the 12th. Looks like some have been deleted to me.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Penn is on a little vacation. I'm assuming it was a temporary vacation.

All that ugliness last week, is when he went bye-bye. The stuff in the "The Value of Research" thread that has been removed, seems to have been the straw.

Kysersose is the DIY section mod. Don't see much of him these days. Thankfully. I hate the old days of vanishing posts, and threads. I have a few thousand posts from back then that are gone now. Good threads, but they were cut throat.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
thanks soho...what, perhaps in more congenial terms was his point that got him booted???

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I would imagine it was partly due to the Hsu debacle, and then getting fed up with another member, and not holding his tongue in a few more threads.

He probably got a few complaints from other members, and when Kyser came to check it out he found the other name calling, and general crap in the before mentioned thread, he had to put his foot down. A lot of posts from that thread are missing from others as well, and they are still around, so it must have been a cumulative thing with Penn.

Kyser use to say that someone was banned without saying the name, so I am assuming it is just a time out here. He could just be on a personal time out, but I don't think he would have been away this long if that was the case.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
re: 13.

thanks soho. something has gone wrong though...penn is a good guy...i'll side side with him...

·
Registered
3,343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 /forum/post/19517577

i guess that i missed what was removed, but for what remains, the only a-hole commentary seems to be from villa...BUT i wouldn't ban him, his opinions are his and are to be considered on equal footing with all of ours.

-----

i wonder if deleting posts in a free speech forum violates our constitutional rights. the theory that "i disagree with you, but will defend your right to say it" is a core value of our republic.

Yeah, there is a lot missing from that thread from a couple different people. Hey, not me this time.

As for free speech it is a no go here, as you have to sign up, and in doing so agree to their rules. You could come up with your own site, and post whatever you wanted, but this is a private area, setup, maintained, and paid for by someone that is just letting you bum around, hoping you will buy something from them one day. If not, at least they get some add revenue.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
the argument that this is a private forum is a joke.

anybody can read and the requirements to post are minimal.

it is a public forum.

can't have it both ways...revenue from all the public traffic...rules like a private forum...

personally, i like the relationship that we have here...

avs pays for the backend and we provide the content...

it's all good...[mods can you please let me know what penn did that was so bad as to get him banned?]

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
WOW I guess I am one of those BUMS.

I honestly never knew this forum had anything to sell. I always googled questions and saw people had answers over here so I joined. I belong to too many forums but I join always to find answers. (AE, TCSounds, BFM, PE, AVS, HTShack, DIYAudio, AudioKarma, ect)

PLUS honestly I feel like I am still at home in Indiana when I chat with everyone on this forum instead of being so far away in OZ.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Getting way too OT now.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts