AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I'v got a 2 channel setup at home. Speakers are the QSC SC-2150 currently acting as L/R phantom center.

Just tried to Bi-amp these beasts (for fun) but I am confused how I should set the active crossover at.

From QSC's specs, it says, "500 Hz active, 24 dB /octave LF to mid-high, 2200 Hz passive"

I'm running a Stormaudio processor and can configure EQ and crossover from the preamp to amplifiers directly.

What settings should I set?

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello,

I'v got a 2 channel setup at home. Speakers are the QSC SC-2150 currently acting as L/R phantom center.

Just tried to Bi-amp these beasts (for fun) but I am confused how I should set the active crossover at.

From QSC's specs, it says, "500 Hz active, 24 dB /octave LF to mid-high, 2200 Hz passive"

I'm running a Stormaudio processor and can configure EQ and crossover from the preamp to amplifiers directly.

Låter intressant, då jag har samma högtalare.....följer.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hello,

The active crossover you need to setup in the StormAudio is the 500Hz 24dB/octave between the mid/high and the low. So on the mid/high Channel you would have a high pass (HF) Filter and on the Low (aka woofer/bass) channel you would have a low pass (LF) filter.

The 2200 Hz passive suggests there is already a passive crossover between the high (tweeter) and midrange built into the speaker. It might be possible to bypass this to make the speaker tri-amp (I.e. 3way Active Crossover) so you‘ll just need to take note of the labelling on the speaker connection panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts