AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally starting this build after months of talking about it. I thought it was a good time to start since the taper I hired will be in the basement for 9 days completing the whole basement.

I purchased all the parts shown below from a fellow AVSer @mikela aka Mike. It was a fantastic transaction and what a great guy and what an amazing HT he has.

All original parts

One of 6 woofers

Only thing I had to purchase was the 4” flared ports which I got from parts express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Do you plan on building the original enclosure?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am a complete newbie on building speakers and I will need as much guidance as possible.

I have chosen to use 3/4” plywood instead of MDF because of prices have gone crazy up here in the Toronto area (Canada if you didn’t know).

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
If size yes but not sure what you mean by enclosures

It seems I was writing my post as you were writing your second post. This pic of the enclosure in your second post is a pic of the original design.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to already thank @eng-399 Mike, @hd0823 Jeremy and @Jk7.2 Jared for all the help already in making this amazing decision to get these speakers. If it wasn’t for hearing Jeremy’s room I don’t think I would of got them I would of gone with the Titans.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I would like to already thank @eng-399 Mike, @hd0823 Jeremy and @Jk7.2 Jared for all the help already in making this amazing decision to get these speakers. If it wasn’t for hearing Jeremy’s room I don’t think I would of got them I would of gone with the Titans.

Looking forward to your build Duane.

·
Premium Member
3,761 Posts

Subscribed! I am looking forward to seeing your project completed.
Btw, you would’ve been happy with the titans

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Subscribed! I am looking forward to seeing your project completed.
Btw, you would’ve been happy with the titans

I know I would of for sure but I would have had to do what you and Mike did to your Titans

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Excuse my ignorance I’ve been designing a lot of boxes lately for guys I’ll have to look at my notes when I get a chance but a box I came up with had the the first port resonance above 500hz from what I remember. I’ll have to look... having two drivers in one box helps get the first port resonance higher than one driver per box depending on what tune is wanted for the application I think we were looking at around 20-30hz tune.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Your going to love these things. I love mine. They just sound so dynamic and effortless.plus it's a positive we both got a really good deal on them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 133 Posts