AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok man, let’s see some saw dust!!!

Saw dust will be starting tonight, just figured all the cut sizes last night, then I went to set up and it was dark. Cutting everything in the driveway, so it real time sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Fellow Canuckistanian checking in here. If you have any questions about speaker building for newbs I can help out :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Fellow Canuckistanian checking in here. If you have any questions about speaker building for newbs I can help out :)

Wow a fellow Canuck, not to many of us. Thanks for reaching out to give me some support.

Are you in the Toronto Area?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Toronto-ish :)

What are you doing for surrounds ?

I am going with DIY Sound Group HTM8, 2 side surrounds 2 back then 6 Volt8s for atmos and 2 8s for wides.

I live just north of Newmarket in Keswick

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
@Mahuzz

Why didnt you build these instead of the Speedsters. I bet they'd make GREAT nearfield computer speakers :D:grin:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
@Mahuzz

Why didnt you build these instead of the Speedsters. I bet they'd make GREAT nearfield computer speakers :D:grin:

That’s an amazing idea until my theatre is done, the wife would love them, they wouldn’t take up much space at all in the office. Thanks again for the idea 🤣

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I'm on board with the metric system because it's simply better. But temperature is better in Fahrenheit, although less scientific.

0 degrees is really cold and 100 degrees is really hot.

Ok sorry, back to the build. :D

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
That’s an amazing idea until my theatre is done, the wife would love them, they wouldn’t take up much space at all in the office. Thanks again for the idea 🤣

Hehehehe.... Nope, they are very small compared to Mikes titans lol

I bet that lepai amp would drive them VERY well too lol....

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
No table saw just a worm drive saw and a expandable guild up to 105”,
so it my take a little longer but I think easier to use.

Best saw horses I have ever used, they are called Toughbuilt C700.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thought I'd throw some more Canadian support your way! I'm looking forward to how these turn out!

BTW, Your garage door tells me you need a backstop net for your kids to shoot pucks at! :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thought I'd throw some more Canadian support your way! I'm looking forward to how these turn out!

BTW, Your garage door tells me you need a backstop net for your kids to shoot pucks at! :D

Where you from

You have a good eye, 3 kids that all played AA and Junior hockey so considering 1000s of pucks shot the doors aren’t in to bad of shape lol
They are all grown up now so it’s on the to do list before winter comes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where you from

You have a good eye, 3 kids that all played AA and Junior hockey so considering 1000s of pucks shot the doors aren’t in to bad of shape lol
They are all grown up now so it’s on the to do list before winter comes.

Manitoba.

My little guy is 10 and just going through A1 tryouts. Luckily (or unluckily lol) hes a goalie so my garage door is intact. I can pick out most hockey families in our area based on their garage door and the odd boarded up window! lol

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Manitoba.

My little guy is 10 and just going through A1 tryouts. Luckily (or unluckily lol) hes a goalie so my garage door is intact. I can pick out most hockey families in our area based on their garage door and the odd boarded up window! lol

That’s awesome I lived in Winnipeg for 6 years when I was a kid till I was 12 and I played in net for 30 years. Good luck to your son

21 - 40 of 133 Posts