AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well I got everything all cut wasn’t to bad, no mistakes, got lucky and did a dry fit and the cuts all fit.

You when you look at measurements on paper and then you see the actual size of the box, I’m excited really excited to get these done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
BTW are those oem woofers and if so what model are they?

I’m curious to know if they share the same woofer as my QSC HPR153 or KW153. I have them and an planning on using these for my own build when I get around to it. I do know the HPRs share the same CD and mid.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
BTW are those oem woofers and if so what model are they?

I’m curious to know if they share the same woofer as my QSC HPR153 or KW153. I have them and an planning on using these for my own build when I get around to it. I do know the HPRs share the same CD and mid.

Here is the info on the woofers and yes they are OEM

What’s holding you back from starting a build?

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Well I got everything all cut wasn’t to bad, no mistakes, got lucky and did a dry fit and the cuts all fit.

You when you look at measurements on paper and then you see the actual size of the box, I’m excited really excited to get these done.

Are you building the cabinet with separate chambers for each 15?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Question, there is only one middle panel separating the 2 15" drivers to make them separate from each other right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is a question I asked earlier but maybe I didn’t ask it properly, anyways I am only doing one piece of wood in the chamber to separate the woofers

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
This is a question I asked earlier but maybe I didn’t ask it properly, anyways I am only doing one piece of wood in the chamber to separate the woofers

Yep it divides the cab horizontally for an upper and lower chamber. I’m sure you’ll be adding braces too.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yep it divides the cab horizontally for an upper and lower chamber. I’m sure you’ll be adding braces too.

Yes I will but not sure at all on how much and where I should put them since each chamber is not very big 28.5”w x 18.25”h x 13”d so maybe just where the cut out is for the woofer

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here is the info on the woofers and yes they are OEM

What’s holding you back from starting a build?

Yup same driver.

As far as a build goes I’m just starting. It’ll be an ultra slow build. With all the kids stuff starting up I’ll only really have 1 day every 3 weeks to work on it.

It’s taken me years to get my wife on board AND even longer for her to let go of the junk she like to hold onto. I think it went hand in hand... she knew I’d be looking to get rid of stuff once I got the green light and she didn’t want anything to with it.

I must have caught her at a weak moment once because when I brought it up again I got the green light. Next day when she wasn’t home I cleaned out the closets she stored her stuff in and tore them down so if nothing else stuff can’t go back in it!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Not trying to hijack, but could you buy everything except 1 woofer and build a sealed enclosure and end up at 8ohm and be good down to 80hz? Kind of like the qsc sc413c? But sealed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great Stuff!!! - Fellow CDN Here from MTL!

Looking forward to the final project!

Since you said you heard a similar setup, can you tell me how it was with... Music?

I am looking to go from my 5.1 conventionnal standing speaker setup and want to move to somekind of in/on-Wall aimed for lets say 70music 30movies.

With the kids, dog etc... Need “floor space” and ease of mind when they are close to equipment!!! lol

Room is 14 x 24 8ft ceiling.

Can you point me in the right direction?

It will be a first attempt,

Keep it up!

- Jay

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Not trying to hijack, but could you buy everything except 1 woofer and build a sealed enclosure and end up at 8ohm and be good down to 80hz? Kind of like the qsc sc413c? But sealed.

I am definitely not the guy to ask about this, there are a lot guys on this that could answer this.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Great Stuff!!! - Fellow CDN Here from MTL!

Looking forward to the final project!

Since you said you heard a similar setup, can you tell me how it was with... Music?

I am looking to go from my 5.1 conventionnal standing speaker setup and want to move to somekind of in/on-Wall aimed for lets say 70music 30movies.

With the kids, dog etc... Need “floor space” and ease of mind when they are close to equipment!!! lol

Room is 14 x 24 8ft ceiling.

Can you point me in the right direction?

It will be a first attempt,

Keep it up!

- Jay

Sorry for the late response

As per your set up is it new construction, dedicated room or open concept living room you are thinking of doing. Are you thinking box store speaker or build your own from DIY Sound Group.

I have not heard the QSC speakers I am playing music but I am sure they will be amazing, Jeremy @hd0823 could expand for sure on the music sound of these speakers.

Thanks for following along

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Should have some updates and pictures by the end of the weekend, I’ve been priming the basement and had a few challenges with my spray gun but all good to go now

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I’m hoping someone could help me out. How does these get wired, meaning where does the feed wire go coming from the amp. Sorry for my stupidity but I’m at a loss, I have my first box built without the front baffle cut outs and I was going to line the box with insul but I would like to know where I should put the feed wire hole.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I’m hoping someone could help me out. How does these get wired, meaning where does the feed wire go coming from the amp. Sorry for my stupidity but I’m at a loss, I have my first box built without the front baffle cut outs and I was going to line the box with insul but I would like to know where I should put the feed wire hole.

I found this

41 - 60 of 133 Posts