AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
You’ve gotta have a couple good pics by now of these bad boys!

I do and I was going to post when I have them all completed which was going to be today but I am have trouble with one, no sound at all from the woofers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

I just assumed if one crossover worked they all would. I should of done this first before installing everything 🤬
Have to take one all apart now to see what’s going on.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
It happens. Take your time. They will be incredible once it’s all shook out.

I needed that someone to talk me off the ledge lol.
As soon as I get it up and running I will post pics.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Ok so crisis averted, all it was a lose crimped connectionwhere the wires go up to the toggle switch, the wire wasn’t touching the connector nor the spot where it goes onto the toggle switch. After speaking to @Eng399 Mike last night on the phone he walked me through some steps I should go through before I think about sending the crossovers to someone to look at them. Now that would of been a pain in the rear.

I’m going to post some pictures of some challenges I went through not knowing and not have a manual so I hope this may help someone else that may build these.

It doesn’t have to this brand but you will need at least 3 rolls at 17’ to do all the ports and woofers

Unwind enough and pull the backing off makes it way easier to use and rap around the woofer and port

This is a must test you each speaker to make sure everything works before screwing everything in place

If you install the bracket that hold the waveguide like this it will be recessed which looks wrong as I found out later do it like this....

I also put drywall screws and washers on the two outside degree angle spots to secure the waveguide from shaking, don’t over tighten, just enough to stop the movement but still allowing them to turn.

When wiring the Neutrik keep one wire shorter if you don’t have different colour wire so you know that the shorter one goes to the MF and the longer one goes to the HF

I put the rubber feet on as well that came with

This at a full angle 15 degrees which is way to much but just to show you how much you have to play with.

Ok so here they are....

Now I have to hook them all up to see how they sound

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
Ok so crisis averted, all it was a lose crimped connectionwhere the wires go up to the toggle switch, the wire wasn’t touching the connector nor the spot where it goes onto the toggle switch. After speaking to @Eng399 Mike last night on the phone he walked me through some steps I should go through before I think about sending the crossovers to someone to look at them. Now that would of been a pain in the rear.

I’m going to post some pictures of some challenges I went through not knowing and not have a manual so I hope this may help someone else that may build these.

It doesn’t have to this brand but you will need at least 3 rolls at 17’ to do all the ports and woofers

Unwind enough and pull the backing off makes it way easier to use and rap around the woofer and port

This is a must test you each speaker to make sure everything works before screwing everything in place

If you install the bracket that hold the waveguide like this it will be recessed which looks wrong as I found out later do it like this....

I also put drywall screws and washers on the two outside degree angle spots to secure the waveguide from shaking, don’t over tighten, just enough to stop the movement but still allowing them to turn.

When wiring the Neutrik keep one wire shorter if you don’t have different colour wire so you know that the shorter one goes to the MF and the longer one goes to the HF

I put the rubber feet on as well that came with

This at a full angle 15 degrees which is way to much but just to show you how much you have to play with.

Ok so here they are....

Now I have to hook them all up to see how they sound

Man they look good! Congratulations!! Nice work. Now hook em up!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Woot! They look great glad this all worked out in the end with the crossover issue. Loose wires, screws that are not tight or over tighten wrecking the wire, xo board issues you never know but it’s worth double checking stuff . Happy to hear you figured it out.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
They look great, man! What are you going to use for surrounds? Are you going to build your own subs?

Reactions: Mahuzz13

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
They look great, man! What are you going to use for surrounds? Are you going to build your own subs?

Thanks
I just confirmed with Erich I will be using 6 HTM8s as my surrounds, 2 Volt8s for wides and 6 Volt8s for my atmos.
As per subs Mike @Eng399 has designed all my sub enclosures, I will have 4 10cu UM18S up front on either side of the centre, 2 10cu Um18s in the back of the room and 2 UM18s as nearfield, all ported boxes and yes building myself.

81 - 100 of 133 Posts