·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks!
WOW these speakers are huge!

I am debating redoing my front stage with something that will keep up with the 18's so that I can get my attack back.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
No one seems to know that answer and for some reason Jeremy won’t take his apart lol to find out for me.
(Seriously Jeremy don’t do it)

I’m going to pick up some tomorrow night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I've taken Jeremy's apart and even swapped woofers back when I owned them.:D. The don't really have bracing. A few wedges and that's it but the cabinets are heavy and solid. They're built way beefier than JBL pro cinema. However with the divider between the drivers that would be where most would brace anyways.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I've taken Jeremy's apart and even swapped woofers back when I owned them.:D. The don't really have bracing. A few wedges and that's it but the cabinets are heavy and solid. They're built way beefier than JBL pro cinema. However with the divider between the drivers that would be where most would brace anyways.

I wish you did as well, would of save a little time but I didn’t put a lot of bracing so it’s not taking up to much room in there

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice build! Sounds like you are satisfied with those. Need to ask, have you considered doing the Titans before you made these and if not, what made you chose the SC2150 clones?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
Nice build! Sounds like you are satisfied with those. Need to ask, have you considered doing the Titans before you made these and if not, what made you chose the SC2150 clones?
Thanks

The Titans were my first choice for sure, I heard Mike's eng-399 first at his GTG and I was so impressed with the sound and then I visited Jeremy's HT in Michigan and he has the QSCs and I was blown away with the sound from his, I had to have those speakers. The problem was to find the QSCs were very difficult and very expensive. Then I stumbled upon all the parts for the QSCs on AVS classifieds and I begged the seller (Mike) to sell them to me, he was very hesitate and I was very persistent next thing I had the QSCs in my home for 1/2 the price on the , after mine were completely built. These are not clones by the way, all parts are OEM except for the ports.

I am trying to bring them to GTG in southern Michigan to have a battle between the Titan dual 15s and the QSCs, this will be fun if I can get them over the boarder

Both are amazing speakers couldn't go wrong with either one.

I hope this answered your question

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I know there are two guys that can comment on a comparison between the two speakers Jeremy @hd0823 and @Jk7.2 and I think they will give you great feed back. I know the detail for movies for both of these speakers are incredible, you will hear things you haven't heard in movies you have watched before. When glass shatters, you hear every little piece hit the ground, voices are crystal clear, and the mid bass is incredible.

One movie clip that shows the QSCs off is in the Hobbit the Desolation of Smaug when the dragon speaks, I've never heard anything like it truly magical, his voice is so deep and the speaker handles it with ease at high volumes. I done know of another speaker that could handle the dragons voice like that.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I know there are two guys that can comment on a comparison between the two speakers Jeremy @hd0823 and @Jk7.2 and I think they will give you great feed back. I know the detail for movies for both of these speakers are incredible, you will hear things you haven't heard in movies you have watched before. When glass shatters, you hear every little piece hit the ground, voices are crystal clear, and the mid bass is incredible.

One movie clip that shows the QSCs off is in the Hobbit the Desolation of Smaug when the dragon speaks, I've never heard anything like it truly magical, his voice is so deep and the speaker handles it with ease at high volumes. I done know of another speaker that could handle the dragons voice like that.

For me, it’s so hard to compare the two. Even if you bring them to my house and we do a comparison, the setup and calibration won’t be ideal for the qsc’s. They will be in front of my screen instead of behind, and pushed up against the sidewalls of my cramped room, not ideal. And even in this configuration, they still could beat my titans! I just don’t know.
Hearing Jeremy’s in his great room, we played that clip with the dragon, and I remember leaving a jaw mark on his floor. My socks were vibrating against my feet. The sound was incredible, huge sound from big speakers. Then once in his baffle wall, the bass from just the mains is more then most people probably have. It shakes the risers and you feel it nicely.
My titans produce nice bass too by themselves. Jeremy and I played some bass track stuff at my house and I was impressed with the output from the 6 15’s they have, although I ran outta powa with only the emotiva amp powering them. Mikes doing it right with active crossover to his 15’s with inukes. I was thinking about going that route, but decided I didn’t need to.
Long story short, you got the deal of the century. A little work you put in and you have end game LCR speakers. Even if you build a 50 seat theater one day, your all set. I’ve got a lot more $ into the titans, but I’m not complaining. My end game LCRs are very happy living with me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks

Both are amazing speakers couldn't go wrong with either one.

I hope this answered your question
Thanks. Good to know. I am still considering the SC2150, but as you say, the parts (OEM or clones) is harder to get if I would go that route.

Do you know if it would be possible to build a custom crossover for the QSC 2150, let say if I would find all drivers?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
That’s a good question, I am really not sure about getting custom crossovers made up. You might be able to actually purchase them from QSC.

My opinion on both is I like the titans low end better but the 2150s highs i prefer. I know the crossover can be purchased.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
That’s a good question, I am really not sure about getting custom crossovers made up. You might be able to actually purchase them from QSC.

My opinion on both is I like the titans low end better but the 2150s highs i prefer. I know the crossover can be purchased.

Directly from QSC? Without serial number?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Theres a thread around the forum that has all the serial numbers for all parts chucky something is the op

I think my chances are low, I'm located in Sweden and QSC don't sell to international user unfortunately.

Could try a local sound store here in Sweden and see if they could put together a similar crossover. Maybe not exactly the same parts but that might not matter.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts