AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up 4 Funkin Audio 15's from DIYMA for $75 each plus shipping.

The original T/S specs were wrong so the subs were retested. You can see the new specs here: http://medleysmusings.com/funkin-audio-fasx-380/

I have done some modeling with my limited skills in WinISD and they seem to like large boxes. This is for 4 in 20 cubes with 13oo watts. I have about 14 cubic feet per pair available in the room. I have tried ported but cant get the ports right.

Anyone else wanna do some modeling?

·
Registered
7,989 Posts
Will you have eq available?

In unibox I'm seeing 11mm of excursion with 300 watts each and 80L and ample stuffing each. That's something like less than 3cuft per driver. FR looks fine too. Qtc is 0.975 but looks alright. EQ it into shape and thats a heck of a value IMO.

With a high q driver like this, you reach a point where going bigger won't help you out that much. It just starts getting stupid big without any additional benefit.

Now, if you could manage an IB application? Then you'd have great FR, could lower the power requirements, and have excellent value. Got a big unused closet or room or attic or crawlspace?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O.K. I have been thinking of going IB. I have a storage room to the side of the screen that I can use. The room is 7.5 feet wide by 13 feet deep and 8 feet high. Doing some math what should be 22087 liters. Vas for the subs is 173 liters times 10 is 1730 liters times 4 subs is 6920 liters. If I am doing the math right I should have enough space for an IB setup. The subs will be side firing behind a AT screen and I will have to figure a way to sea the door.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts