AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for Colored RCA compression connectors for RG6 Quad Shield coax. I tried Snap N Seal, but they only work on non-quad coax. Other brands I looked at can support quad shield coax but do not have the color rings. Any ideas on where to get quad shield coax RCA compression connectors with color rings?

Thanx,

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Look for them here, at MCM

They have them in black, red, green, blue, yellow and white.

But they are not Gold plated. So if you are looking for Gold plated, then these also are not the ones for you.

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Look for them here, at MCM

They have them in black, red, green, blue, yellow and white.

But they are not Gold plated. So if you are also looking for them to be Gold plated, then these are not the ones for you.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Both ICM Corp and Liberty have versions that allow a rubber colored ring (purchased separately) to be placed on a ring on the connector to color code to your application. They have both gold plated and nickel plated versions.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Do not use these: Leviton compression RCA's . I bought 10 of these to use on preexisting wire in a friend's house for subwoofer, composite video, and component runs and they were terrible. I ended up throwing them all away (there goes $30). Instead I ended up using T&B SNS F-connectors with Steren F-female to RCA-male connectors and they work perfectly. Not as pretty as the Leviton's with the colored bands - but I guess you could use shrink tubing to color code if you'd like. Plus, it came out to about $0.80 per connector as opposed to about $3.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ICM Corp manufactures Leviton's product.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I just placed an order with Liberty for 100 of the gold plated RG6 Quad/RCA compression connectors and 2 bags of colored rings and, don't forget the stripper and compression tool - keep my fingers crossed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.