AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
3,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51  /t/1465660/quad-tc-lms-18-ultra-build#post_23196176

Going from 2 to 4 was an eye opener for me, so Im pretty sure you'll be happy with the results.

2 was nothing short of awesome, but going to 4 opened the door to that "next level"

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Status Update: Boxes 3 and 4 are coming along nicely. I should have them ready for cones by tomorrow.

5 out of 8 panels done.

4 out of 8 panels done.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeamdman  /t/1465660/quad-tc-lms-18-ultra-build#post_23201287

What glue are you using?

Good question, I don't even remember the name of it, it is like 1 gallon of generic hardwood glue that I purchased ages ago.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Status Update: Here's a picture of all 10 subs. It's getting closer. 18 out of 24 panels are done. Just about time for sanding and final cuts.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Nice progress. Maybe I missed it, but is that where the center speaker is going to reside? I'm assuming the screen won't hang that low during movie viewing.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict  /t/1465660/quad-tc-lms-18-ultra-build#post_23204338

Nice progress. Maybe I missed it, but is that where the center speaker is going to reside? I'm assuming the screen won't hang that low during movie viewing.

I tilt it on it's side during movies, not ideal but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They are flying them, usually they travel 1800miles in 24hours when they do that.

They have travelled 300miles by truck thus far, and when it lands it has a few more hundred miles to go.

So should be here by Friday with any luck.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz  /t/1465660/quad-tc-lms-18-ultra-build#post_23208786

They are flying them, usually they travel 1800miles in 24hours when they do that.

They have travelled 300miles by truck thus far, and when it lands it has a few more hundred miles to go.

So should be here by Friday with any luck.

Geez, where do you live?

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelnatsch517  /t/1465660/quad-tc-lms-18-ultra-build#post_23208855

Geez, where do you live?

PE is nearly at the Atlantic coast, and I'm nearly at the Pacific coast, so it has to travel almost the whole width.

I could only imagine though, how much JapanDave spent shipping 4 of them 8000miles oversea's. Probably got 4 for the cost of 8 (or worse), and then crazy taxes added

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
She's landed in Portland, now she has to drive North East, across the North West cascades. Just a few more hundreds of miles to go.

Looks like they might just make it here by Friday. (Factoring in two more truck unload/reload stations and weather conditions.)

I've never seem them ship via that path before, I hope they handle them with good care

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Looks awesome. Wish I had room to squeeze even one LMS Ultra in my room, might have some rearranging to do. I only live about an hour away from PE so its very tempting

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
5 of the boxes are in Yakima, Washington. Getting closer... I can almost feel the magnetic fields from here. LOL

1 of the boxes is still in Portland. So, looks like I could have two full subs and a basket with no motor or a motor with no basket for Friday.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
They're in Grand Coulee, WA now. The 6th one has left Portland, but it's probably still too late for that one to make it here for the weekend, Monday obviously.

The other 5 should make it here before weeks end.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassThatHz  /t/1465660/quad-tc-lms-18-ultra-build/30#post_23217835

They're in Grand Coulee, WA now. The 6th one has left Portland, but it's probably still too late for that one to make it here for the weekend, Monday obviously.

The other 5 should make it here before weeks end.

Soon enough

Random question, for your LMS-U boxes, did you double baffle the front?

I picked up a pair of FTW-21's with the pre-order and I want to avoid doubling up the front this time, but wasn't sure if it would take the weight..

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Wow! I thought I remembered you saying something about your neighbors hearing your subs already. Maybe that is the lawsuit thing you guys are talking about, but now you are for sure going to piss them off. Too funny

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsnasty  /t/1465660/quad-tc-lms-18-ultra-build/30#post_23219628

Soon enough

Random question, for your LMS-U boxes, did you double baffle the front?

I picked up a pair of FTW-21's with the pre-order and I want to avoid doubling up the front this time, but wasn't sure if it would take the weight..

All my baffles are triple thickness. 2.25 inches thick.

I do it that way to avoid leaks around the screw holes; and to counter sink the mount.

I also put 12 braces inside each box and damp it with polyfill.

Each sub is made out of 4400sq inches of wood; one 4x8 sheet is 4608sq inches.

A single 3/4 should be enough to hold any driver, but that's not ideal of course.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Damn, I don't think they are gonna make it. They've been stuck in Coulee all day. But they all made it there at least.

If they can at least get it to the next station by tomorrow 4:30pm local time, I might be able to drive the remaining distance myself; there is still hope for this weekend but that hope is dwindling fast...

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
They must be playing football with my packages. Hasn't moved in 36 hours.

Probably some weakling that can't pick up 75 lbs x 3

Unless a tracking-info miracle happens in the next 60minutes, I ain't gonna be able to have it before they close office for the week.

21 - 40 of 131 Posts