AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I tried Quadscan Elite connected to Vidikron Epoch D-2200.

Mistakenly I input the DILA resolution, but immediately I reset all parameter to factory default and turn off the system.

I remove the QS, then when I tried again I have the vertical strip pattern all over the picture.

What possibly makes this?

Does my projector damaged?

If using the QS will cause a problem to projector, I recommended not to use that thing.

:mad:

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
The projectors clocking and phasing need to be reset.

If you put your image up (preferably an alternating pattern.) A pattern where there are vertical lines that alternate between on and off would be best.

Then you need to adjust the slocking until they get wider and wider and then go away. after that, adjust the phasing and then any shimmer will go away as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your advice.

I will follow your advice to adjust clocking and phasing.

But in the Vidikron's manual it only works for RGB signal other than 480p,720p,1080i format.

The vertical lines also appear in video mode too.(composite and S video input)

BTW I will try your advice, hope it will work.

I'll let you know the results.

Any advice is still welcome.:)

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you are seeing vertical bands or lines you will need to adjust the clock or frequency on the projector. On the 2200 it is called clock adjustment. This will take care of the problem, if you change your output resolution on the QuadScan this will change the "clock" so you should set it up to match the native resolution.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by FE
If you are seeing vertical bands or lines you will need to adjust the clock or frequency on the projector. On the 2200 it is called clock adjustment. This will take care of the problem, if you change your output resolution on the QuadScan this will change the "clock" so you should set it up to match the native resolution.
I have try to adjust dot clock and phasing, but it have no effect.

The vertical lines appears after I tried Quadscan to Vidikron.

It appears when I feed the projector the signal input, although when DVD stop.(see the attachment file)

But it gone if no input signal is feed.

It appears in the screen whether I tried composite,component, s-video or RGBHV input.

What do you think Shaun?

Does your Quadscan not compatible with D-2200 and damaged the projector?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Try resetting the projector to factory default, I am sure that the QuadScan would not damage your projector.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by FE
Try resetting the projector to factory default, I am sure that the QuadScan would not damage your projector.
I have resetting dot clock and phasing to factory default and try to adjust dot clock and phasing, but I still have vertical strip pattern.

This happens with any input signal type, but it gone when no signal input.(just blue background)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.