Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's coming next week.

Should I feed the component outputs of the RP91 DVD player through it as well as the S-Video ouput of my DTC-100 DSS reciever?

Are there any tips or hints you can give me for initial setup and adjustments? Things to avoid or watch out for?

I will appreciate the help greatly. There are often idiosyncracies in new equipment that take a lot of reading and experience to catch on to, and I bet this thing will even be worse, given its number of adjustments. I will owe you.

------------------

Joe

My current idea of the best value:

Boxlight 38t

Panasonic RP91

RCA DTC-100

Da-Lite 100" 4:3 1.3gain

Studio Experience SE616's

and some other stuff.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You're only going to be able to use the 480I output from the RP91 with the Quadscan. That means you won't get the benefit of its non-anamorphic scaling technique, but of course the QS can do the same thing. Basically you could use just about any good interlaced DVD player rather than the RP91 with the QS if you wanted.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know (or does anyone know, for that matter) if the QSE has a better video processor, deinterlacer and scaler than the RP91 and 38t combo?

------------------

Joe

Boxlight 38t

Panasonic RP91

RCA DTC-100

and some other stuff.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Joe, I have a Quadscan Elite and it definitely tends to act funky every once in a while, but it is not to hard to set up. My advice is to read the manual TWICE like I did before you set it up, then post any questions on the Video Processors forum. The gang over there are very helpful, but without knowing what specific issues you will confront, it's hard to give general advice. One thing I did have aN initial problem with though is that you need to set the A or B input (if you're using component) to YUV and not to Auto or else you won't be able to adjust the Quadscan's picture controls (i.e., brightness, contrast, saturation, tint). Good luck.

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Smitty. I found that forum after this post and began searching. So I'll look over there. Thanks for the heads up.

------------------

Joe

Boxlight 38t

Panasonic RP91

RCA DTC-100

and some other stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.